Final drive shims.

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot but does anyone have any shims lying around in their workshop which they don't need ?
I'm working on a final drive and want to reduce the backlash, I have a 2.40 shim so might need something around 2.20 or 2.25 to start with as a reference as I'm looking to reduce the backlash from 0.32mm to within 0.06 to 0.16mm range.

The part number for a 2.25 shim for example is 33 121 450 083.

Yes, I could order a few from BMW but I could also probably work out what size I need if I can get hold of a smaller size to start with.
I also might be on the look out for the larger preload shim once I figure out the backlash.

Should be in the wanted section but there's more chance of someone seeing it here instead :thumb2

Also feel free to offer suggestions on my other post regarding the rich running...2 bikes with 2 very different problems :blast

And before Steptoe or Mikey pick me up on it the backlash is between 0.07 & 0.16mm...not 0.06.. :nono

Good to see someone doing the job properly! How many are rebuilt without the correct shimming?

Good to see someone doing the job properly! How many are rebuilt without the correct shimming?

I'm not so sure about the doing it properly bit :D

Back
Top Bottom