Really well done Marshall BMW.

Tripleblack13

Reaction score
I see so many complaints on this forum so decided to post something positive.
Ok. So I was going to lube and service the FD shaft myself but decided to have it done during a routine service. So glad I did. The shaft was corroded and seized onto the FD splines and also the paint behind the gaiter was bubbling with corrosion. The bike is just over 2 years old, 12k miles, never jet washed and never used on salty roads. The shaft has been replaced on extended warranty.
The swing arm replaced free of charge - goodwill by BMW.
I know what folks will say - “that a premium bike ....... blah blah blah”. But yet again BMW have stepped upto the plate. The extended warranty IS worth the paper it’s written on and I’ve been really well looked after. So heaps of praise to BMW uk and Marshall’s BMW Grimsby.
I’m a happy guy and once again really impressed by the after sales and support by BMW. But my advice is get the shaft lubed regularly as it’s not part of the service schedule and take out an extended warranty 👍🏻👍🏻

You won't get anywhere on here by being positive and spreading good cheer! should have bought a ktm or somat! nice to see Marshall bmw looked after you and your bike.

Funnily enough I did think to myself “wouldn’t have got this service from KTM”
I’m now on my 3rd GSA and will likely have many more in no small part due to the after sales from BMW over the years.

I use Marshalls and have found their service department very good.

Funnily enough I did think to myself “wouldn’t have got this service from KTM”
I’m now on my 3rd GSA and will likely have many more in no small part due to the after sales from BMW over the years.

Yep good service but then with a KTM you would not have had the corrosion to start with ;)

Reallly !! ?
Had a 990 SMT, head bearings rusted and needed replacing within 6 months.

Really ;)

In IMO finish of KTM's is better than BMW but BMW are better when it comes to warranty claims.
My R Nine T is in for some warranty work at the moment which I doubt KTM would have agreed to do :beerjug:

TB 13 was that you I was yarning with Wed afternoon in Marshalls at the same time I was talking to a salesman about a GSA HP ????

Could that be because they don't have a drive shaft

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

No - because KTM appear to have found the trick of getting paint to stick to metal components - perhaps BMW will manage that one day as well :D

Back
Top Bottom