No 1250’s Available to buy

AP11 LAD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, it seems like if you want a new GS/GSA 1250 you can’t have one as there are none available !

Waiting to see if Brexit will effect the price!!

Waiting to see if Brexit will effect the price!!

It will. Tariffs announced yesterday in the event of no deal Brexit mean bikes are included....whereas they are tariff free currently (for BMW’s from Germany).

If there’s no stock left in the UK (which I’d be surprised at - they stocked up hugely) - then they’ll be going up in price...

Talking to a dealer on Wednesday and they are awaiting delivery of the last r1250gsa in UK stock .

They have been selling well and it also looks as if BMW Germany may be holding back on UK supplies for some reason

I was quoted £18203 today for the new 1250 GSA Ralley TE but on the BMW configurator its still listed at £18100 :confused:

Glad I took delivery of my 1250 GS on March 1st. The way things are going we could be looking at an import duty tariff of 10.6%, and it is unlikely that BMW and/or dealers are going to absorb all of that.

Is that true? I was in a dealership yesterday and they had two brand new unregistered R1250GSAs for sale on the showroom floor.:confused:
Alan R

As I said a few days ago in another thread, but the know alls said stop fretting, maybe the penny has just dropped.

Is that true? I was in a dealership yesterday and they had two brand new unregistered R1250GSAs for sale on the showroom floor.:confused:
Alan R

It is true according to the largest dealer in the UK. Apparantley dealers are not allowed to hang onto bikes unsold if other dealers have a sale ? So interesting if your dealer has two

So, it seems like if you want a new GS/GSA 1250 you can’t have one as there are none available !

I collected a new GSA 1250 last week........but I ordered it in January for March reg. I am surprised they are saying none available. Have you tried multiple dealers (including Park Lane London)? I note that the prices are about £1000 more than 2017/18 in any case before any Brexit / £ factor.

As I understand it the 1250rt production run was delayed late last year and early this year as the gs demand was likely to be much greater. They wanted to not have waits during peak sales time and get them in the country should tariffs happen. I know most USA dealers are only just getting 2019 rt models.

Now they have to fulfil the rt production commitment so production lines are tied up with that currently. I think they shifted the 1250gs quicker than expected and supply has dwindled before they can restart another production run post rt.

There seemed to be a few on the shop floor with price tags on at Bowker (Preston) last weekend.... I popped over to test ride the new GS850 Adventure

As I understand it the 1250rt production run was delayed late last year and early this year as the gs demand was likely to be much greater. They wanted to not have waits during peak sales time and get them in the country should tariffs happen. I know most USA dealers are only just getting 2019 rt models.

Now they have to fulfil the rt production commitment so production lines are tied up with that currently. I think they shifted the 1250gs quicker than expected and supply has dwindled before they can restart another production run post rt.

My RT is being built next week, delayed by a week. So it looks like RT production is now happening. Due in the dealer 1st week of April

Glad I took delivery of my 1250 GS on March 1st. The way things are going we could be looking at an import duty tariff of 10.6%, and it is unlikely that BMW and/or dealers are going to absorb all of that.

Even with a 10% hike they will still be cheaper here than in other parts of Europe ;)

North Oxford did have a GSA1250 HP TE unsold, so definately worth ringing around.

On the plus side there are lots of very good second hand nearly new 1200's in the showrooms........

On the plus side there are lots of very good second hand nearly new 1200's in the showrooms........

Yes, mine will join that list. Just put my deposit down on a GSA Ralley TE :D
This was their last one on pre-order, build week 19 for mid May delivery.

I’m waiting for the upgraded model in sept :D.

Back
Top Bottom