UKGSer Challenge Bank account is open for business

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Many thanks to Ralphy for helping us get this sorted out :thumb

We now have an active open bank account for any donations to the challenge fund.....

Lloyds bank
Name: UKGSER Challenge
Sort Code: 30-99-51
A/c no.: 02786789

IBAN number is GB53LOYD30995102786789

Bic (swift) number LOYDGB21232

The single 'L' in Loyd in the last two numbers is correct by the way.

Ralphy has kindly offered to keep an independant eye on the account for us- He's got all sorts of pukka financial accreditation and licenses, and will act in everyone's interests to make sure what will hopefully be a large amount of money won't be squandered on beer and fags :D

Riverking and Myself will also have access to the account once we've completed the paperwork, plus possibly another Challenge team member like Rev Chuck if there's any need for it.

Thanks to Judge and Rev Chuck for their assistance in trying to set up the previous account that failed because of the Bank Of Scotland's never ending red tape.......

So there it is....if anyone has any money or cheques outstanding, you now have the details :thumb

We'll keep everyone informed about the amounts in the account and I'll sort out Paypal as soon as I get back from Lehinch

Many thanks

Bill

If you are asked for an 8 digit account number, just add a zero to the same details.

Lloyds bank
Name: UKGSER Challenge
Sort Code: 30-99-51
A/c no.: 02786789

:thumb

This might sound stupid, but how do I do it.
Do I have to walk into the bank with my cheque ( for outtomunch,s jacket wot I bought for titts) and quote your account details. I dont do online banking.

Den said:
This might sound stupid, but how do I do it.
Do I have to walk into the bank with my cheque ( for outtomunch,s jacket wot I bought for titts) and quote your account details. I dont do online banking.

Either that Den, or send a cheque to any of the TITS team......

Make it payable to UKGSER Challenge and put the account number on it as well, or if you meet any of the above, you can pass it on, or I'm at

UKGSER Challenge
Bill Oates
89 Howard Road
Dartford
Kent
DA1 1XS

Many thanks :thumb

Bill

Bill
We need to sort our what we will do about the fuel budget. Euro 3000 is ready and waiting but need some documentation to support the donation to keep the bean counters happy. Think about it and let me know. Also can you let me know what I can send you in respect of Logos for the vehicles. How many stickers , how big what type (windscreen or bodywork) etc

Anyone reading this wondering what I am talking about - I got my employer to agree to donate Euro 3000 for fuel on the mission so get off yer butts and go an tap your boss up for a few quid. :thumb
Cheers
Gecko

Boing!

Is this account still open for donations or did the fundraising end with the handover of the bikes/van?

If this account has closed, can anyone point us in the direction for donations to the hospital charity?

Cheers :thumb

It is indeed still open, and it's sorely needed......

One of the commitments we made before we left the hospital was that we'd pay to have a wall built aroundd the perimeter of the place.

We were taken to a patch of ground that is actually the baby burial ground....it was hard initially to see what it was about but after it was pointed out to us, we could see lots of small pieces of cardboard with a couple of rocks on each...these were baby graves and the rocks and cardboard were supposed to stop the hyenas from rooting up the corpses the night they were buried.

It wasn't working.

The wall will stop this...and it will stop the herds of goats from wandering through the wards and into rooms, often followed by some cows or the odd wild boar.

We had a quote for the wall..it'll cost around a thousand pounds.

Suffice it to say, the baby graveyard had quite an effect on the team.....many of us avoided eachothers eyes as we walked away from it in silence 'cos we're all big rufty tufty bnikers and rufty tufty bikers don't cry.

You'll hear more about it, I promise.

Whey up Chap,

Is the account appeal still going. I have about £300 to put in it for you.

Did a ride around Cyprus and forgot to pay out the money raised :blast :blast

Del, it is, but we do have a bit of a conundrum about it.......There'll be a thread about it soon ;) (It's all safe and everything, it's just that we have a problem in how to divide it up)

If you're willing, there are two things I think the TITS team would like to happpen with it, and that's totally up to you ;)

One is to go to the Wall fund that we've been selling Dennis' fine book for all year....the wall is finished and the last payment is due very soon......info on that project and how it's going can be found HERE

The best place to send it in that instance is through Dennis ;
The paypal account is dennis@scootersinthesahara.co.uk
or by post to:
Scooters in the Sahara
c/o Just Print
1 Priory Street
Carmarthen
SA31 1LS

The second option is that it goes to support the scooters themselves......they obviously need maintaining and servicing, and are doing a very worthwhile job and exactly what we had hoped for when we started the project, if not more....there's a thread about that HERE

The bestway of using the money for that would be to send it with a covering letter asking for it to be used directly for the UKGSer scooters to Anita Smith, details and a gift aid form are all HERE .

The 'problem' with the account BTW is just that we have money in it but need to divide it up....there's some concern as to how, because the scoots need supporting but we did say we'd split 'surplus' up to the other charities when we started........to my mind, ongoing support for the Scoots is still part of the project and so the money still in the account isn't surplus but we do need to run that past the forum as a whole after the TITS team have thought about it.....

Many thanks though Del, most appreciated- which ever way you feel you want to go with it, it'll come in most handy and be used properly :thumb

Bill

Back
Top Bottom