quick shifter

malcopopolo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have used the search option but it does not work very well for me honest.

Can anybody advise on what it would cost to retrofit to a 2016 r1200gs lc a quick shifter?

is it just up only can you down shift with it?

Thank you

I have used the search option but it does not work very well for me honest.

Can anybody advise on what it would cost to retrofit to a 2016 r1200gs lc a quick shifter?

is it just up only can you down shift with it?

Thank you

Up and down but it’s not a quickshifter it’s gear assist pro crude compared to a quickshifter had one upgraded on my last Rallye think it was around £400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

works great on the 2018 GSA, think the gearbox was improved at 2017 ? might be wrong , theres no clunkiness etc. the Gear Shift pro does work up and down the box,but i tend to only use it going up. I dont use it between first and second, but from second up , little pressure on the lever and it slipped in fine.

Prices vary, if you are a longstanding customer at the same dealership they should look after you. This is where being loyal comes into play

How Bmw with all there engineering skills cannot make it work seamlessly is beyond me

Had GSAP on my 2015gs -- it was OK ish. But on the later ones (late 2017 on I think) it's a lot better . On my 1250 it works well both up and down. Think the gearbox\clutch is also different on the 2017 on models that helps too.

How Bmw with all there engineering skills cannot make it work seamlessly is beyond me

Because it is a known fact and well word to describe GS. Have you tried to shift a tractor seamlessly? :nenau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one on my '63 plate and it was fine and no issues at all - once it had sunk in to only change up on acceleration and down on a fully closed throttle. Anything other than this and it would clunk.

Will have fitted to the replacement soon.

Don't know what all the negative comments are about :nenau

The assist pro most definitely works as a quick shifter on my 2016 bike...hold revs wide open and it snicks up a gear seamlessly and quickly which is the whole point. On the downshift, throttle fully shut, it downshifts brilliantly, blipping the throttle as it goes from 6th to 2nd. I never bother using it for the first two gears as that is the only place where it can be clunky. Mostly I don't bother as there's no need. Those using it at half revs either way are missing the point of how it was designed. It won't shift smoothly if you do that and probably won't do the gearbox much good either. I use the clutch if not in a hurry, as that's what it's for. They're not race bikes. The assist pro helps when on fast A road sweepers to shift up and down quickly if used properly. Took me a while to get used to mine and I'm the first to admit when it didn't seem to work well, the fault was mine. Used properly it works brilliantly.

The assist pro most definitely works as a quick shifter on my 2016 bike...hold revs wide open and it snicks up a gear seamlessly and quickly which is the whole point. On the downshift, throttle fully shut, it downshifts brilliantly, blipping the throttle as it goes from 6th to 2nd. I never bother using it for the first two gears as that is the only place where it can be clunky. Mostly I don't bother as there's no need. Those using it at half revs either way are missing the point of how it was designed. It won't shift smoothly if you do that and probably won't do the gearbox much good either. I use the clutch if not in a hurry, as that's what it's for. They're not race bikes. The assist pro helps when on fast A road sweepers to shift up and down quickly if used properly. Took me a while to get used to mine and I'm the first to admit when it didn't seem to work well, the fault was mine. Used properly it works brilliantly.

+1....

works great on the 2018 GSA, think the gearbox was improved at 2017 ? might be wrong , theres no clunkiness etc. the Gear Shift pro does work up and down the box,but i tend to only use it going up. I dont use it between first and second, but from second up , little pressure on the lever and it slipped in fine.

Prices vary, if you are a longstanding customer at the same dealership they should look after you. This is where being loyal comes into play

Wot he said.....that’s my experience also

Wot he said.

Love the shifter on my 2018 GSA, took the Monster out today and struggled for the first 15 mins as it doesnt have a quickshifter

Agreed. Works fine on a 2015 GSA here.

Two replacement units, six or seven ecu updates to try and get them to work properly and it would still never work properly , then again my 2014 gsa te had a much worse gearbox than my 1999 1150gs and it was not a patch on my 2011 gsa tc.

If the bike the quick shift is being fitted to has a decent box ie a post 2016 bike then it may be fine ,if the bike has a poor change the quick shift merely accentuates the problem.

Have it on my 2014 bike and it works fine. I don’t use it in the low gears pootling around but going for a quick overtake etc it just makes the process quicker and easier.

+1 from me.

Back
Top Bottom