New to RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepirate01

Reaction score
Ok folks, so last Wednesday a car driver killed 2012 Triple Black GSA. I have my eye on an RT SE 2012 low milage etc. Couple of Q's. Has anyone come from a GSA to the RT were there any negative point. The GSA was mapped at Hilltop Motorcycles has anyone had this done. I've rescued an Acro end can from the GSA sadly the headers were bent, will this fit the RT.

Cheers
Mark

Sorry about your GSA and hope you are OK,

I am a long time GS rider (not GSA) and bought a 2016 wet head RT and an absolutely loving it!

Not sure if your budget permits but the LC is great whether on major roads or little country lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from several GSs to an RT and am now on a lowered GSA.

The RT has better weather protection and is great for touring.

I find the GS or GSA a little more flickable and great for touring.

Both are very capable bikes and I'd be happy with either.

I was lucky enough to run both for a while, & they both have their pro's & con's.
I found the GSA a PITA when it came to getting it out of the garage, & pushing it around, mainly though advancing years, so through the magic of P/EX it became a 1200R.
If I only had one motorcycle, it would be the RT, but others will give you the opposing answer, because we aren't all the same.

I went from a TC GSA to a TC RT. I miss the GSA for shitty back lanes - the type found around/between farms, and when an over used b road is completely covered in pot holes, but for everything else the RT is better for me.
I commute 60 miles 3 days a week, and in my own time like to do everything from a few miles into town to a 500 mile day to get to the Cairngorms, the RT is great at fast motorway/A roads and surprisingly chuckable around B roads and mountain passes. The pegs are higher on the RT and the riding position appears to be a few degrees cantered forward, it is remarkably comfortable, but then I can't remember ever doing more than a hour and a half without stopping for a wee, tea and sticky bun :D

Ok folks, so last Wednesday a car driver killed 2012 Triple Black GSA. I have my eye on an RT SE 2012 low milage etc. Couple of Q's. Has anyone come from a GSA to the RT were there any negative point. The GSA was mapped at Hilltop Motorcycles has anyone had this done. I've rescued an Acro end can from the GSA sadly the headers were bent, will this fit the RT.

Cheers
Mark

I also have the 1200 triple black GSA 2012, love this bike, I had the LC RT LE for 12 months lovely machine, smooth, I have 34 inside leg and I found the RT A BIT CRAMPED on any journey over 100 miles lowered pegs helped somewhat, sold the RT last year, just wasn't for me, found it a bit of a maul pushing it around. PS I have the peg lowering kit if req'd.

That's a very good point.

The pegs on the RT are higher and so stopping and stretching every so often really helped me.

Although we usually stop fairly often for a brew, ice cream or piss.

I was trying to make my mind up between the two and test road them both. I think it is simple, if you are going to do a good bit of rough road riding, like a bad B road or anything with gravel on the road, you can't beat the GS. However as I am mostly using for commuting on Okay roads, and then long touring, the RT is a better bike for petrol milage, weather protection, and gadgets available, cruise control, heated seats, trip computers etc.

The RT is a one trick pony, looks lovely, rides nice, thats where it ends, the GS/GSA Is the jack of all trades, i made this mistake once, got won over by one of the very last RT se twin cams, traded in my mint GSA, very quickly regretted it and bought another GSA, the RT just felt too much pipe an slippers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The RT is a one trick pony, looks lovely, rides nice, thats where it ends, the GS/GSA Is the jack of all trades, i made this mistake once, got won over by one of the very last RT se twin cams, traded in my mint GSA, very quickly regretted it and bought another GSA, the RT just felt too much pipe an slippers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've had 4 over the years and certainly don't smoke a pipe or wear slippers. But then again I'm not planning on going off road.

So I have bought an RT SE. As many have said it is what it is and does what its designed for. So the twists I should flow through whilst making progress and my commute should be comfortable. Off up to Hilltop it did wonders for the GSA and I have no doubt it'll put a little bit of sparkle in the RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom