Removing ESA

buncobooth

Reaction score
I have a 2008 GSA with ESA, am thinking about changing it and maybe going to manual shocks. Does this do anything strange to the bike, fault codes/errors etc. ?

Yes it will flag errors in the ECU and may also show a warning on the Kombi

however it wont stop you riding the bike :) but may get kerfuffled if its looking for data back from the shocks as psrt of its normal operating parameters

I have a 2008 GSA with ESA, am thinking about changing it and maybe going to manual shocks. Does this do anything strange to the bike, fault codes/errors etc. ?
This could be easily fixed with MotoScan tool simply deactivate ESA in the instrument cluster and main computer so no more error codes
543db4a13b76ed2a319f79764e369734.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No errors.
I removed ESA from my K12R.
Only thing is that when you’re trying to use it, the screen won’t blink as it does when making adjustments.

Errors are logged but not reported.

At least with my bike that is.

If you want to know. Set the shocks to your preferred setting. Then disconnect them. See what happens before you commit.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No errors.
I removed ESA from my K12R.
Only thing is that when you’re trying to use it, the screen won’t blink as it does when making adjustments.

Errors are logged but not reported.

At least with my bike that is.

If you want to know. Set the shocks to your preferred setting. Then disconnect them. See what happens before you commit.

Good luck.

What shocks did you put on your K12R ? I also have K12S with ESA which I would like to remove !

What shocks did you put on your K12R ? I also have K12S with ESA which I would like to remove !

I bought a pair of non-ESA shocks on eBay from an allegedly 7,000mi K1300S.
Wish I had the ESA though.
I replaced them because they were shot of the ESA module was lot talking to them.
I bought also another pair of ESA shocks and they connected but the bike reported a bunch of errors, so I desisted.

Back
Top Bottom