Intermittent loss power.

beemer pimp

Reaction score
Hi everyone! It's been while. Anyone still drive R1100?? . Need some help in direction please.
OK long story short, I rebuild r1100rt after crash and its been in use for last 4 years 20k miles dayle without any hassle, but for last 6 months intermittent loss power under load, just for 1 second like blip, then back to normal happens in random and not to often..2-3 times a month . Good or bad weather, bike still warming up ( about 3 miles in to ride) so I replace hall sensor 80k on the clock, but problem still pupes up now and then other wise it's runs good . Any toughts?

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Did the 1100s have the same problem as the 1150s with the cables breaking near the headstock? It won't take long or cost anything to rule that out.

Very similar to the issues with my 1100GS after about 20 minutes running.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showth...GS-Engine-cuts-out-whist-doing-a-steady-50mph

As you can see in my first post I didn't notice if my ignition lights were on or off. I can now confirm they stay illuminated.

The bike has lost power since on three occasions under the same circumstances.
I was thinking fuel starvation, but because the bike restarts first flick following a cut out probably not.
Once this has happened the bike runs trouble free for the rest of the day.

Work carried out so far;

Headstock wires checked.
Throttles balanced.
Battery replaced.
Hall sensor replaced.

Thanks for reply fogs.
This goin to wreck my head for sum time, it's happens so rare, would be hard to pinpoint.
I check wiring on handlebars and ignition, all looks good. Because bikes cuts out and starts straight away on the roll, I don't think its fuel related.
Only coil comes to my head but then again I never heard coil falure on r1100rt gs. So only option I see it's wait and try catch in the act..

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom