New to the forum - Nottingham XR owner

damodici

Reaction score
Morning All,

Thought I'd do the polite thing and say hello :thumb

Have been riding for many years now, to the point of struggling to keep up with the long but enjoyable list of bikes from various marques I've owned.

I'm quite active on a few other forums, most regularly one for Ducati as much of my earlier years were spent on glorious L twins, although admittedly it's been a while since I've owned one, but it's a great site so why leave :rolleyes:

Anyway I digress;

it's safe to say that numerous google searches have eventually landed me here reading threads in the past, the ukgser forum definitely has some great content and clearly knowledgeable members. So as I'm hopefully about to buy my 2nd S1000xr today (last one I sold in 2016 for a KTM Superduke R) I thought I'd finally sign up.

Now I know that the XR isn't a GS, and presumably theres friendly banter slung back and forth about a 1000cc vibrator, but I can live with that. Rest assured I'll probably own a GS in the next few years but for now I'll be lurking around in the XR sub forum and no doubt popping up in threads titled 'why does my Navigator 6 think my home address is in Kazakhstan '

Cheers :beerjug:

Welcome there damodici :thumby:

Hope you get plenty miles'n smiles in with your new 'bike. Doesn't matter what 'bike you ride .... just as long as you ride :D

:beerjug:

Ha, no worries, Mapperley Top and I don’t ride a GS either (I used to) - currently on a big Orange bike - where are you?

Check out the East Mids section on here, there’s quite an active ‘breakfast ‘ meet up every few weeks if that’s your thing ......

Andres

Ha, no worries, Mapperley Top and I don’t ride a GS either (I used to) - currently on a big Orange bike - where are you?

Check out the East Mids section on here, there’s quite an active ‘breakfast ‘ meet up every few weeks if that’s your thing ......

Andres

A little further out myself in Long Eaton, although it puts me nearer to Donington Circuit which is or has been useful in the past.

Appreciate the heads up on the east mids section

Welcome

You will find this place very different to the Ducati forum and the XR forum for that matter

Way less moderation way more useful

Oh and i believe you have the best bike BMW have ever made

Welcome

You will find this place very different to the Ducati forum and the XR forum for that matter

Way less moderation way more useful

Oh and i believe you have the best bike BMW have ever made

Cheers, and yes plenty of really decent info on here. The Ducati forum in my experience isn't that heavily moderated, perhaps just enough to keep a lid on things which keeps us all friendly :)

Must admit when i test rode the bike again last Saturday it felt really good to be back in that saddle, you forget what a certain bike feels like when its been a few years away, but that ride last weekend took me probably all of 10 minutes before my mind was made up, the rest was just enjoying myself.

Looking forward to getting it in a couple of weeks

Back
Top Bottom