anakee adventure any good?

1300 miles and all good. It's my first GS so nothing to compare with but have had no issues and ridden in all sorts of weather. The front is wearing quite quickly but i don't mind how many tyres i put on as long as they grip and feel good.

I’ve had them for about 1,000 miles and I think they are great. Good feel, great wet grip. I’d have them again and I’ve tried most adventure type crossover tyres. Its all very subjective though when it comes to tyres.

I have done a few hundred miles on these on my new 1250 GS and have no serious complaints apart from the fact that they seem very noisy. They are the same in this respect as the Annekee 3s I had on my first GS. I replaced those with Roadtec 01s which were definitely quieter. I would also say that the Adventures are stiffer than the Roadtecs and provide a very slightly harsher ride, though I'm getting used to that now.

Got the Annakee adventures on my new 1250....... better than the annakee 3’s i had on my 2016 GS (I REALLY hated these, and replaced them with roadtec 01’s after about 1k miles........a great improvement to me).
Think I may persevere with these for a while, and change to roadtec01’s when we get closer to summer.

No BAD tyres these days, just what suits the individual.....IMHO.

One other observation on the Annakee Adventure is that they have a slightly strange profile which seems to get steeper as you get towards the outer edges and which I think translates to a feeling of the bike wanting to go on to lean more than required once you get it at a reasonable angle of lean. I noticed that several times while out yesterday, and found it slightly unnerving. Looking at it today I came to the conclusion you would have to be riding the bike lying on its side in order to use the extremes of the tread area, so it's going to be difficult to eliminate the chicken strips on these tyres - not that I would even try! Maybe this profile is all about off road use and giving grip at the sides of tire when partly submerged in mud or sand?

You can see what I mean in this video: https://youtu.be/88MugLAxdkQ?t=50

Contrast this with the Roadtec 01: https://youtu.be/gpxFPrwexcE?t=36

I have the Annakee Adventures on my 1250 GSA. I also find them a bit 'harsh'. Preferred the Bridgestone A41 tyres I had on my GS. Will switch to them when I have consumed these as I like a pure road tyre.

I have 500miles on my 1250GS and the Annakee Adventures feel really good, i can not compare with others on the GS, but they feel more planted than the Road 4/5 on my last RS.

Ged

One other observation on the Annakee Adventure is that they have a slightly strange profile which seems to get steeper as you get towards the outer edges and which I think translates to a feeling of the bike wanting to go on to lean more than required once you get it at a reasonable angle of lean. I noticed that several times while out yesterday, and found it slightly unnerving. Looking at it today I came to the conclusion you would have to be riding the bike lying on its side in order to use the extremes of the tread area, so it's going to be difficult to eliminate the chicken strips on these tyres - not that I would even try! Maybe this profile is all about off road use and giving grip at the sides of tire when partly submerged in mud or sand?

I wonder with that flattened profile will that sensation get worse as the tyre squares off??
Or will the already flattened profile slow the squaring of the tyre??

I wonder with that flattened profile will that sensation get worse as the tyre squares off??
Or will the already flattened profile slow the squaring of the tyre??

Not sure that they are a particularly flat profile in the centre compared to other tyres, I just think the profile doesn't have such a constant radius as something like the Roadtec 01, so it looks like you go from a gentle curve in the middle to a somewhat sharper drop off at the sides.

I think the Roadtec 01s have a fairly constant radius curve across the whole tyre width which is probably what makes them more predictable and nicer feeling, at least until they get seriously squared off. Given their noisiness and the slightly odd feel, I've pretty much convinced myself to replace the Adventures before my next long trip. I will just store them to put back on when I sell the bike, which is what I did with the Annakee 3s on the last GS.

Back
Top Bottom