Brake & Clutch lever question!

GoSquirrel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a question for the GS collective!

I have a new R1250GS and I want to upgrade both the clutch and brake levers to HP units - (had them on previous S1000XR and they were excellent).

My question is:

Would the clutch and brake levers be the same as the R1200GS (2013 - 2018 LC models)?

Reason for asking is that I can only find the HP levers listed to fit the 2013/18 models.

These are the items I think may fit despite the fact they are not listed for the 1250 https://tinyurl.com/y5t8fnmb

Cheers :thumby:

What was better about them? I understand you actually get less adjustment than the stock levers?

Can't yet comment on the GS ones, but the XR HP levers had much more adjustment, especially for the clutch - which on the XR was a stretch to reach on the standard levers. (and I don't have especially small mitts)!

For my GS - i'm buying for the opposite reason as I think the standard brake lever is too far out from the bar, which for me reduces feel.

Taking a punt anyway, I'll let you all know!

Can't yet comment on the GS ones, but the XR HP levers had much more adjustment, especially for the clutch - which on the XR was a stretch to reach on the standard levers. (and I don't have especially small mitts)!

For my GS - i'm buying for the opposite reason as I think the standard brake lever is too far out from the bar, which for me reduces feel.

Taking a punt anyway, I'll let you all know!

I understood the HP levers only have a 3 way adjustment on the clutch where the stock GS levers are 4 way. Rizoma 3D levers would also be worth a look.

I have them on my S1000R and they were the best levers I have used on any bike.

Problem with the XR clutch lever was that it was not adjustable so I fitted the HP levers to get the clutch lever nearer the bars. My 1250 has OEM levers and they are both adjustable and fit perfect. Can’t see any point in putting HP levers on the 1250.

Problem with the XR clutch lever was that it was not adjustable so I fitted the HP levers to get the clutch lever nearer the bars. My 1250 has OEM levers and they are both adjustable and fit perfect. Can’t see any point in putting HP levers on the 1250.

To be fair, the clutch lever on the GS1250 is fine - it's the brake that I find needs to able to come closer to the bar!

Back
Top Bottom