bmw r1150 touring screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for advice, pointers on a touring screen for an R1150r. Not bought it yet but more than likely going to on Saturday. It has a small fly screen with a pretty solid looking metal brace surround. Where, what do I look for?

Will also be looking for a rear rack to plate my givi rack to. I know Holan do one at £65 plus delivery. Anyone might have one lying around? Are 1150 gs windscreens compatible? Sorry

Sat nav mounts? Ideas, solutions?

lots to take in and research now, so thanks all

The genuine BMW screen for the 1150R looks the part but is crap. Directs the wind straight into your face..

Puig do a couple of different size screens for the 1150R. Fitting a rear rack isn't as straightforward as you may think.

The genuine BMW screen for the 1150R looks the part but is crap. Directs the wind straight into your face..

Puig do a couple of different size screens for the 1150R. Fitting a rear rack isn't as straightforward as you may think.

Cheers. Any pointers on the rack? BMW screen is in region of £300. See givi do one and there is an mra one as well.

I had the original fly screen on my R1150R which I thought was better than nowt. I have changed it to the MRA Vario screen which fits on the original brackets and cost about £100.
It does seem to be better than the fly screen but the difference was not as great as expected. I have done a few 600 miles a day trips at 80+ mph abroad without any problems.

Cant help on the rack question

I had the original fly screen on my R1150R which I thought was better than nowt. I have changed it to the MRA Vario screen which fits on the original brackets and cost about £100.
It does seem to be better than the fly screen but the difference was not as great as expected. I have done a few 600 miles a day trips at 80+ mph abroad without any problems.

Cant help on the rack question

Cheers, I had a MRA type on on the AT and it was also not up to all the hype they published about it. Hate wasting money to try...

this was the screen i had on my old rockster it was brilliant,i will have a look to see if i can find the make ,i am assuming the rockster and the r1150r are very similar

Attachments

• 12238273_461199984085127_6526978323386069628_o.jpg
    12238273_461199984085127_6526978323386069628_o.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 695
bloody hell, how hard is it to find a rear rack! Struth, where are all the racks? Only one i can find is a givi that sits really high. Any idea of where to search lads? What forum will i find this on?....

bloody hell, how hard is it to find a rear rack! Struth, where are all the racks? Only one i can find is a givi that sits really high. Any idea of where to search lads? What forum will i find this on?....

Screen:
I've the 850r. Thought i'd be able to help the search as i had the exact same problem finding a screen and a rack.
BUT before posting here i checked the places i looked for mine before i bought:
Feck all. Nothing in stock / no longer available. :(

Rack:
The Givi - i thought it wasn't that high :confused: - but anyhow, it is quite 'spindly'.
Only other alternatives i could find was;
https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/meinbi...k-for-bmw-r-850-r-from-03-r-1150-r-13974.html

https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/meinbi...r-black-for-bmw-r-850-r-from-03-r-1150-r.html
but HowF*ckingMuch?! :eek:

Good luck.

Yeah I have been on wunderlich site. I like their screen that slides and roughly the same price as the mra one. But their racks are also 170 odd! The search goes on

Just installed this Parabellum Medium Touring screen on a customers bke.
Had to modify the bar risers slightly but it worked out well.

5BDmilk.jpg

R0ud40c.jpg

that's the 50 cm screen I think? Looked at them earlier. I had a national cycles 50cm on my Africa twin. Great screen but the 50cm was too tall for me. The wunderlich adjustable one is what I am going to go for as it adjusts from "Various Height from the Point of the Headlight: 409-460mm, Width max. 420mm " so more room for my short arse to adjust it. Now just trying to find a rear rack...Anyone care to confirm handlebar width? 22mm?

that's the 50 cm screen I think? Looked at them earlier. I had a national cycles 50cm on my Africa twin. Great screen but the 50cm was too tall for me. The wunderlich adjustable one is what I am going to go for as it adjusts from "Various Height from the Point of the Headlight: 409-460mm, Width max. 420mm " so more room for my short arse to adjust it. Now just trying to find a rear rack...Anyone care to confirm handlebar width? 22mm?

20.5" IIRC, customer supplied it.

right bought the bike. Ordered the wunderlich boxer adjustable screen. Will now post in the wanted section for the rear luggage rack on a new thread. Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom