Just back from riding the coast of Ireland

Paul Narramore said:
I'm going over to Ireland on Friday 16th September, Pembroke to Rosslare. I have someone to see and stay with on the Monday so have two days to burn. Any obvious places to visit during such a short stay?

the 'lobster pot' pub/resturant just outside rosslare. the wicklows. skim this for ideas. :rolleyes:

Great write up and pics, proud to look and say 'been there, done that' with a wish to do it all again next year. Sadly the current situation around Belfast isn't too nice but lets hope things settle down again soon. I am still riding the Connor pass in my mind, and pitching my tent on Slea Head, visiting Joeys Bar and riding through Port Stewart/Rush like a NW200 wannabe.
I can also recall passing the prison at McGilligan point and thinking about what sort of cellmates one could expect to share a room with........ no thanks !!!

I always go back for the NW200 and would imagine I'd take a few days and do the same route again. You do need to check accomodation at this time of year as I understand some of it closes for the season.

Jeremy

A really enjoyable report and pictures Jeremy.

I was on Healy Pass and the Beara Peninsula in August (sea kayaked there from Kerry and lady picked me up) and the memories came flooding back.

Roads awful though :confused:

Peter

Wraithwrider said:
Roads awful though :confused:

Peter

I thought that was one of the benefits? Yes there were many times, especially in Connemara, when you would be greeted by gravel on exiting a corner. Admittedly it would be scary on a rice rocket rather than the GS!

To me the road across Glenveagh National Park in Donegal was one of the greats.
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~knp/glenveagh/

Hi Jeremy

Enjoyed reading of your travels,The Island of Ireland is beautiful and you chose the corect form of transport to see it.We toured the South in the Box( Ring of Kerry was a nightmare with Tour buses all over the place) but would like to go back on the bike for a few day's (maybe twist Alte's arm ) look forward to some more of your travel's (where next)

Regd's K

Klinger said:
Hi Jeremy

look forward to some more of your travel's (where next)

Regd's K

Having enjoyed 3-4months away from the grind, I'm close to finding my second career in the City in the next week hopefully. Think I can move up from tea boy to coffee boy!

But also trying to sell my F650 (see link)
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52985
and off to see a 1150Adv tomorrow. I'd like to do one last trip before heading back to work so perhaps a tour of Scotland. Any other suggestions?

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom