Returning to the Stock pipe

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went out for a quick blast today and decided that I'm fed up with coarse throb........throb and excessive noise of the Dakar, with the Staintune on (baffle in)

The bike sounds nice..............but the noise gets on my tits (and everyone elses, I suspect)

Does the bike run better with the stock set up on..........I suspect so and read/heard somewhere, that the 650GS was faster on the stock pipe, than any aftermarket set up.

Does the 650GS run leaner with an aftermarket pipe...........any evidence?

michael d said:
why not take it for a dyno run , before and after then you can tell us all the result :rolleyes: ;)

'cos he's a "yorkshireman" and reet tight wit brass:D

Frisky said:
'cos he's a "yorkshireman" and reet tight wit brass:D

You said it before me...........Dave :clap :clap :clap

My thoughts exactly.............too tight for all that malarkey

Anyhow, swapped back to stock twin pipe system last night (45 mins of abuse in the garage) and went for a ride........much better - quieter and faster - managed a run of 106mph - prone.....not bad for a fat bastard !

Anyway somebody want to make a sensible offer for the Staintune,pics if required

Dave Hall said:
You`ve very effectively talked me out of it Johnny!
:clap :clap :clap

Somebody will go for it, especially on Ebay..............at least i'm honest Dave

Or it can adorn the garage wall and gather dust........it'd make a pretty ornament........very nice polished Stainless Steel !!

Not if yours is a Twinspark 650...........because the Header pipe is a larger diameter on the Twinsparks, over the Single Sparkers

Back
Top Bottom