Getting a GS650 Dakar

JusRider

Hiya .. came across this site and hoping for some help.

I'm looking at a 2001 Dakar, pretty much stock condition with 30,000km on it. I am wondering if I do get the bike, then what would be the mods or accessories that I have to purchase. This would be my first BMW bike.

I am pretty much decided on the bike, and figured that I will have to install a power socket for my mobile phone and ipod. Some additional lights perhaps?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

JR

The Dakar is a well sorted machine. Just add the accessories that YOU need 'cos the bike doesn't actually need anything.

A power socket is always useful. Auxiliary lights less so. Some form of luggage is a good idea if you intend to travel.

Save your money and spend it on petrol instead.

pardon my ignorance ... what's a "Schalber"? is it true that a single cylinder bike will have load vibrations at say 140 km/h long distance/

sorrry if the questions seems basic, I'm new to this.

Cheers

JR

The vibes are really not a problem through the seat, foot pegs or bars and they only effect the mirrors at illegal speeds.

Carcher2k & I (him on a Dakar) did 4,500 miles in 16 days without problems other than sore bums.

Great handling, economical (apart from servicing) and brilliant fun. :thumb PB

This is a Schalber.

attachment.php

attachment.php

JusRider said:
.. what would be the mods or accessories that I have to purchase. ... Some additional lights perhaps?
I think you will find that the standard lights are fine. In fact the lights on my Dakar were better than the lights on my Adventure.

Back
Top Bottom