Airhawk budget seat - Anyone got one? - £53.73 delivered

rob_yorky

Airhawk budget seat - Anyone got one of these polymer types? - £53.73 delivered seems like a good deal at the moment (£20 off regular price).

http://www.airhawk.co.uk/Budget Seats.htm

Anyone have one? any good compared to the Neoprene one that costs £130+.

Ive just ordered one so fingers crossed its good lol.

I`ve got one,thanks to Rob Farmer`s good call at Beaulieu.
That`s not a bad price for one deliverd,as they were £49.99 at the rally.

It works well...but I can`t compare to the dearer one as I`ve never used one.

I have one. Bought it for my Round Britain trip which was 3116 miles in total. Used it for about 2000 miles and took it off. I'm kinda indifferent to it as I like to be as one with the bike as much as I can. If your happy floating a little bit on the seat, can't see how the material would make a difference as it is the principle of the air pockets that deliver the supposed seat comfort.

I've got the £50 Airhawk 2 and found it excellent on a recent 2 week trip around the swiss and austrian alps :thumb You need the cruiser medium on both the 1150 and 1200 :cool:

I've got an Adventure and use the low seat when I go on tour, with the airhawk on it. It gives me a seating position somewhere inbetween the low and high seats. I use a high seat for blatting around near home.

The £130+ Airhawk is repairable, the £50 one isn't, it's also slightly shorter in length so is slightly down on comfort.

I must admit I find sitting on the things slightly odd and comfort seems to be best with it almost flat, if I had to choose between the Airhawk and my sheepskin I'd keep the sheepskin.

I've got the expensive one and after the initial 20 miles I largely forget it's there. It took me 3000 largely comfortable miles round Norway. Unlike Mr. Farmer I'd choose the airhawk any day over my sheepskin. Horses for courses.

I'm sure you could repair it needed to with say a puncture repair patch or similar.

Rob,

The cheaper one is a very thin plastic, the guy who sold me mine said it wouldn't take adhesives - I figured for £50 it was worth a go and if it did burst or get a puncture and I liked it I'd buy the more expensive one.

Got it today, seems good quality, didnt get any straps with it though which i wasnt expecting so using 2 bungee straps and it fits perfectly on my seat. I'll have to have a play with how much air to have in it as it says in the paperwork not to overfill it.

The dearly beloved and I are going to France for 2 weeks on the 1150. I've been looking at the Air Hawk compares to the sheep skin cover. Would it not be possible to have both, the sheepskin covering the Airhawk would also hold it in place better? Where can you get a sheep skin cover. People have mentioned getting a sheepskin rug and cutting it to shape to unholster the seat?
Simon

I never realised the thread was so old. I was thinking about getting the sheepskin rug( or whatever ) made into a removable seat cover, bit like an ironing board cover so it can be removed at any time.

I don't think the sheepskin will make any difference in holding the Airhawk on any better - and I don't think it will add comfort to the airhawk. The only reason I can see to have both is to 'conceal' the airhawk.

Someone had actually re-upholstered their seat so the Airhawk was 'built in' but I can't remember who it was. Looked like a neat job though.

I've used mine for years now all over the place with no 'security' issues, but then I haven't been anywhere really dodgy like central London or Manchester with it :augie

Hi, to be honest, and on a vain note, I think the airhawk looks bloody awful just perched on top of the seat. I'd love to get it upholstered into the original seat, but yes, part of the idea of covering the seat with the sheepskin was to tidy the look up. Mind you, I was hoping the sheepskin would further add a bit more comfort to the Dearly Beloveds nether regions.
Simon

Anyone got any experience using one as a pillion seat (ideally on the F800GS)? I've got the high TT touring seat on mine, which is near-perfection for me, but the other half is tall at 5'11" and she complains of a sore backside and not being able to see over my head. I thought one of these might make her a bit comfier and also make the ride more enjoyable due to the improved view.

Back
Top Bottom