Thoughts On Next Ride Out

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
G.C. said:
BoinGGGG.

I had a chat with Ronno today and we shall be at the Green Welly at 10:30 tomorrow on our way up to Oban if anyone else wants to meet with us there that would be fine. :thumb
:thumb :thumb
Cheers
G C

Is that leaving at 10.30? Or leaving at 11.00? :D

Be leaving the "Welly" about 11 Rev.
Hope to see you there.

G C

Shiny Face, Stimulator & myself are meeting @11am, Green Welly en route to Craobh Haven......

Time to go.........

Cheers

Dutch

Shit Ride Oot For Ronno

Fkn disaster for me anyway! :spitfire Got as far as Crieff and started having a bit of bother changing down...reached Lochearnhead and bike kept stalling in 1st and 2nd at the T juction. I knew summit was far wrong and pushed bike to a safe bit of road. I then phoned G.C and fk me...he'd broken down at Glencoe with a dodgy chain sprocket. :eek:

I phoned my man in Stanley (Dave Roberts :thumb ) who was busy but promised to be with me asap. While I was waiting, Robbo and Rev Chuck arrived on the scene and stayed with me for a while. Thanks lads. In the meantime, I'd phoned Grizzly and made him aware of my sitch.

Robbo and Co then headed for the green Welly. A couple of GS's and a GSA all passed me at different times and I was a bit dismayed that none of them stopped, seeing a fellow GSer, parked up in what would seem to me to be an obvious break down position. Cheers anyway whoever you were :tosser

2 x guys on Sports bikes did the decent thing...as did a couple of motorists.

Three hours later, Dave Roberts arrived with his trailer, took me to Stanley, dismantled my clutch and diagnosced the problem as being a broken master cylinder seal...

...Dave has kept my bike and will get the necessary part(s) on Monday. Hopefully, nothing major to worry about :(

I've since spoken to G.C., who also had to retire from today's run and Robbo, Grizzly and Alte Wolf. Thanks for your concerns boys :thumb

What a cnt of a day :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ronno

I was so looking forward to today as well :tears :tears :tears

Ronno said:
Fkn disaster for me anyway! :spitfire Got as far as Crieff and started having a bit of bother changing down...reached Lochearnhead and bike kept stalling in 1st and 2nd at the T juction. I knew summit was far wrong and pushed bike to a safe bit of road. I then phoned G.C and fk me...he'd broken down at Glencoe with a dodgy chain sprocket. :eek:

I phoned my man in Stanley (Dave Roberts :thumb ) who was busy but promised to be with me asap. While I was waiting, Robbo and Rev Chuck arrived on the scene and stayed with me for a while. Thanks lads. In the meantime, I'd phoned Grizzly and made him aware of my sitch.

Robbo and Co then headed for the green Welly. A couple of GS's and a GSA all passed me at different times and I was a bit dismayed that none of them stopped, seeing a fellow GSer, parked up in what would seem to me to be an obvious break down position. Cheers anyway whoever you were :tosser

2 x guys on Sports bikes did the decent thing...as did a couple of motorists.

Three hours later, Dave Roberts arrived with his trailer, took me to Stanley, dismantled my clutch and diagnosced the problem as being a broken master cylinder seal...

...Dave has kept my bike and will get the necessary part(s) on Monday. Hopefully, nothing major to worry about :(

I've since spoken to G.C., who also had to retire from today's run and Robbo, Grizzly and Alte Wolf. Thanks for your concerns boys :thumb

What a cnt of a day :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ronno

I was so looking forward to today as well :tears :tears :tears

Ronno,

Miserable day for you mate and G.C. also, hope the bit arrives soon and you get it sorted for next weekend.

Cant' believe the other GSing Kameraden rode on past :mad:

Keep us posted re the progress.

I dont think it was me Ronno. I came up the A84 from Callander, past the road end but never seen anyone parked.
A good day was had by all ........ well, nearly all.

Den said:
I dont think it was me Ronno. I came up the A84 from Callander, past the road end but never seen anyone parked.
A good day was had by all ........ well, nearly all.

Naw Den, I know your bike and would have shoved a stick through your spokes had I seen you :D My bike was parked about 20 yards east of the T junction facing back towards Comrie. The bikes passed me coming from the Comrie direction and heading northwards. One of the GSs was in tandem with a sports bike and actually passed me twice!

I'm feeling less pissed off now and my mate has phoned to drag me out for a sesh :thumb

Ronno

P.S. Glad you had a good run though....hope to see you soon :beer:

MSG For Robbo

Robbo, Don't you remeber this from your bible classes...

THOU SHALT NOT SWEAR IN FRONT OF A MAN OF THE CLOTH

:thumb

Ronno

P.S. Chuck's Username was a bit of a clue for me :dabone :clap

Good to see you again everyone, sorry I had to rush off, but had said to Jane I was just popping out for fish and chips - 426 miles and 11 hours later I arrived back home.

Hope everyone made it home safely - Ronno, sorry to hear about the bike, and glad to say it wasn't Shineyface and me that rode past you.

Iain L

Breakdown

Hi Ronno

Sorry to hear of your misfortunes earlier today,hope you are back on the road again soon,and You to G.C.

Regd's K

Ronno said:
Robbo, Don't you remeber this from your bible classes...

THOU SHALT NOT SWEAR IN FRONT OF A MAN OF THE CLOTH

:thumb

Ronno

P.S. Chuck's Username was a bit of a clue for me :dabone :clap

Ronno,

Glad your man has been able to diagnose the problem on your steed, hopefully you'll be back on the road soon.

As for swearing in the presence of God, or at least one of his contractors, you have to remember that my Sunday School/Bible Class days were spent in the depths of Dundee where cussin' was the norm and accepted, sorry Rev Chuck if I offended you in any way, I'll say ten hail Mary's and kiss the Rosary beads, oops wrong side of the ark :thumb :thumb

Great day as per usual food at the Lord of the Isles was very good and worth another visit, the landlord is very biker friendly and has done quite a bit of biking himself and has a Pan if I remember correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 54
Robbo7822 said:
Ronno,

Glad your man has been able to diagnose the problem on your steed, hopefully you'll be back on the road soon.

As for swearing in the presence of God, or at least one of his contractors, you have to remember that my Sunday School/Bible Class days were spent in the depths of Dundee where cussin' was the norm and accepted, sorry Rev Chuck if I offended you in any way, I'll say ten hail Mary's and kiss the Rosary beads, oops wrong side of the ark :thumb :thumb

Great day as per usual food at the Lord of the Isles was very good and worth another visit, the landlord is very biker friendly and has done quite a bit of biking himself and has a Pan if I remember correctly.

No apology necessary Robbo - you behaved yourself as one would expect from someone from darkest Dundee. :p
I was worried about you last night Robbo, thought that the house wasn't tidied and that you were struggling to get away to the pc. :D

Ronno, This is the view you would have got oot the windae of the hotel. You could have phoned the breakdown man from the phone box.

Attachments

• run sep 05 oban 002 (Medium).jpg
    run sep 05 oban 002 (Medium).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 99
The Reverand Chuck, preparing to do the collection.

Attachments

• run sep 05 oban 005 (Medium).jpg
    run sep 05 oban 005 (Medium).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 104
Den said:
Ronno, This is the view you would have got oot the windae of the hotel. You could have phoned the breakdown man from the phone box.

:dabone :D :D :D :dabone

You need to buy your own TT boxes Den................

Attachments

• IMG_0340.JPG
    IMG_0340.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 92
plus you have the rotation the wrong way on that wheel......... :thumb

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 87
Robbo. That new camera must be rubbish. It makes me look grey fat and ugly.
When this is what Im really like

Attachments

• 2 (Medium).jpg
    2 (Medium).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 116
Den said:
Robbo. That new camera must be rubbish. It makes me look grey fat and ugly.
When this is what Im really like

Don't be harsh on yourself Den, you're not fat!!!!! :D :thumb

Back
Top Bottom