Hands Across The Wa'... (a proposed meeting)

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Ronno, many thanks for suggesting this, it was a cracking day out even if the weather forecast was a bit optimistic. Thanks also to the routemeisters, great roads, scenery and no traffic.

Looking forward to the next one! :cool: (hopefully!)

Thanks from me too...

Cheers to the organising bods for getting us there and letting us play. Dodging rain has never been so much fun. :thumb I look forward to splashing around with you lot again sometime.

The ride back doon sooth was quite a giggle too, cheers to one and all.

Neil

Ronno, Frisky can't do a route report, I was too busy playing catchup as "Tail end charlie" to notice where we went!
Very nice though.:thumb

Good ride and meet.
Sloped orf after chat, coffee and bacon sanga...
Good that so many will come out on such a manky day.

CK

:beer:

Cheers

Thanks to Ronno. (Hoe your going back to fill in the hole!!)
First ride out and really enjoyed the day. Many thanks to all the North lads for the warm welcome.

Davey

Nice to meet up with you all really enjoyed it posted some photos in the scottish section thread.Heres the track off my gps think it shows all the route :thumb

Attachments

• route.jpg
    route.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 101
Excellent route and company. Thanks to all involved. :thumb
Cheer up Ronno, it could have been a lot worse. There but for the grace of God etc etc.
See you all again sometime. Can I request a little less of that wet Scottish 'sunshine' the next time though ! At least it was too cold for the midge to come out :thumb

Ronno said:
P.S. Maybe Kai or Frisky would be so kind as to write up a wee route report. [/IMG]

If you look at StooL's suggested route above and Forry's GPS route, that's it.

St Mary's Loch to Cappercleuch
Over hills (my favourite bit of the day) to Tweedsmuir
Turned off at Rachan Mill to Stobo and then Peebles
On to Innerleithen and then down the B7009 and on down to Hawick
Down to Bonchester Bridge and then Carter Bar

Good to meet so many of you at last. A good welcome to GS-ing and GS-ers :thumb

Until the next time.

Kai :beer:

Glad you liked the route, shame about the weather.....the view down to Talla is great, honest. Good excuse to come back though and hopefully I can join you next time.

:)

Good to meet up with you all, thanks go to Ronno for organising this meet, I have to put my hand up to being a major factor in causing his wee off, I was admiring the view and looking at the Loch and didn’t see the 45 deg turn till the last second, so I carried on up the track, turned and was heading back to the road when Ronno came up to the turn, saw me, and well, everything went into slow motion then, sorry mate. :confused:
Thanks also to Kai for showing us some cracking roads, the type that I thought were exclusive to the Highlands.
I covered 443 miles in total yesterday, could have done without the last Glencoe leg but that’s another story.

Cheers till next time.

G C

G.C. said:
Good to meet up with you all, thanks go to Ronno for organising this meet, I have to put my hand up to being a major factor in causing his wee off, I was admiring the view and looking at the Loch and didn’t see the 45 deg turn till the last second, so I carried on up the track, turned and was heading back to the road when Ronno came up to the turn, saw me, and well, everything went into slow motion then, sorry mate. :confused:
Thanks also to Kai for showing us some cracking roads, the type that I thought were exclusive to the Highlands.
I covered 443 miles in total yesterday, could have done without the last Glencoe leg but that’s another story.

Cheers till next time.

G C

Not at all, G.C., ...nobody's fault but mine. Should have been riding ready for any event as they say... :thumb

Ronno

Back
Top Bottom