Two Tone Horn any good?

jud9e said:
I thought Malky had a CS twin-tone special, or at least I heard he was getting one? Must've got that wrong :confused:

Hey I have been out riding with you and blasted the horn twice. That means you have heard me use the horn a whole 1/5th of all I have ever used the horn. Oh well. I guess if I was commuting to Landan everyday it would be a diff story.

Yes jud9e twice, sad but once to Jon when he split off and once to you (oh no admiting I have given the horn) to your goodself. And before you ask YES I have entered this into the palm.

If you are familiar with the Palm OS you'll no doubt understand the virtues of shortcut dts. Right I'm off to count spokes :)

Anyone got a Gattling gun mounting kit for a GS ? If yes the PM only please - we need to keep this confidential - until the next bloodbath - sorry I mean meet.

I've got one

Riding in London every day the 2 tone is superb.

I use it all the time.

The slightest inkling that someone is going to walk out gets a blast.

Sometime when they are in the middle of the road they are so shocked they don't know which way to run !

Blimey! Wot a difference!!

Have bought and fitted one of Eddie's kits - superb, sounds as loud as a Thames river barge. Already been out today and had to use it 3 times in anger, poor gits didn't know what (was about to) hit them!!

I'm completely kack-handed re: DIY but the instructions were so clear I felt I had to have ago, and whilst I found it a bit fiddly - and had to 'phone Eddie briefly (just once!!) for some advice - it went on fine.

Hats off to City Slicker, this is a quality bit of safety kit which all GSs need to replace that piddly little apology of a horn that BMW so cheapskatingly provide!!

:)

Relay?

Mike O wrote:

****As for fitting, I don't know what to say - I fitted mine, using the supplied brackets, and wiring into the original horn wire (bullet connectors & shrink wrap) in under 45 minutes....

I've just bought a pair of the Halfords Fiamms. Did you use relay, and wire up as shown in the supplied instructions, or did you just connect to the original horn wires?

Will

Re: Relay?

willstatt said:
Mike O wrote:

****As for fitting, I don't know what to say - I fitted mine, using the supplied brackets, and wiring into the original horn wire (bullet connectors & shrink wrap) in under 45 minutes....

I've just bought a pair of the Halfords Fiamms. Did you use relay, and wire up as shown in the supplied instructions, or did you just connect to the original horn wires?

Will

Will,

just wired them up to the original loom - works well

MikeO:)

I bought one

What a difference!
I now parp like a real man!
Thanks to everyone for their advice, and to eddie for the super efficient service when purchasing - by the way the sound comparison on the website doesn't really do the twin justice - it's even louder. Mamma!

Really easy to fit - even for a clean fingernailed jessie like myself.

Back
Top Bottom