The end of the expedition...

J718HSL said:
might be worth contacting Caja sehels to see if they are interested in your story. Might sell a few panniers for them from the safety/strength viewpoint.Maybe even get a replacement set? Who knows, stranger things have happened. remember your pics are copyright too so they'll need your permission if they were to use the photos in any way.

Who knows, stranger things have happened.... name one :)

Hi Margus

I can only reiterate what many others have already said in that i'm glad you and Karina survived the impact and that you are able to relate your story here,I wish you both a speedy recovery from your injuries and look forward to your future Post's. Through time you will be able to replace/repair the GS but the most important thing is you are both Alive to enjoy future adventures.
GOD BLESS.

Regd's K

Our thoughts are with you both Margus. Wishing you both a speedy recovery. :bounce1

Margus,

I am so sorry to hear your news. I have always followed your travels and admired your photographs.

It is typical of course that the accident happened almost on your backdoor so to speak. I join all of the GSers in wishing you and girlfriend Kariina a speedy recovery and hope that the means are found to repair your bike quickly.

The first thing you should do when you are able to is to make an inventory of all the damaged parts, because it is very likely that collectively us GSers will have or know of the location of those parts and be able to supply them at special prices to a fellow GSer in need.

The main thing is that it seems that you and Kariina walked (?!?!) away from the accident and that is a very important bonus!!

Chris

Margus,

So sorry to hear of your bad accident - please keep us all posted of your part/other needs and we can do our best to help.

God Bless,

Trevor

Gutted for you both.

And that GS, thanks to your marvellous photos, is part of the family here ...

You will ride again, that's the main thing

Best wishes to you both, please keep us up to date as you start again. I know we will assist in any way we can, just ask.

:( Really sorry to hear the news Margus but really glad you are still around to tell us the story. I hope Kariina feels better soon. Tell her we all send our best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hang in there and let us know if we can help getting you back on the road. The only bright side of this otherwise sad story is that winter is coming so you'll have the long dark winter nights to get the bike back in order to be back on the road next spring. Good luck :thumb

Margus and karina , glad your still here to tell the tale !

Me and several others on this site ,who have ridden in poland are well aware of the standard of polish driving :eek: fecking mental

Hope you get yourselves fixed up and sort the bike in time ,..... we would sure miss your fantastic photographs of the estonian countryside. :thumb

regards mike

hope you and karina are recovering well...
i reckon that with the publicity of how well the caja's held up...they will be getting an increase in sales from the site...that must be worth a new pair for free...
i for one will be looking at them seriously for next year...... as i am looking to ditch the systems...

take care both of you

marion x

Bruise's and cut's heal, bike's can be replaced.

As they say Margus "it could have been worse" and thankfully you and Karina are here to say that.

Hope u get back on the road sooner rather than later :D

Neil

I have just got back from a trip to South Africa, and read your report Margus.
I have tears in my eyes for the two of you (must be getting old)
I am thankful for your and Kariina's realative safe return.

Hang in there, and never let your passionate flame be blown out.

Cheers, and best of luck managing this whole fiasco.

Rian.

Margus, good luck with any insurance claim, lets hope your bike can be repaired. I'm so glad you and Kariina will make a full recovery, it could have been so bad. I hope it does not scare you out of riding, I guess we all have the potential for one bad crash in our lifetime and you just got through yours.

Please post that ride report, I would love to see your pictures, and keep us all updated with your bike repairs. If there is no insurance I am sure all us fellow GS'ers will try to help you in some way. :)

Margus and Karina,

Unbelievable. Hope you both get well soon. It will get better. You've hit rock bottom, now it's only up from here!

Keep us all posted.

All the best.

Unbelievable

Hey Margus and Kariina,

Grizz just told me about this and read your report, unlike the other reports you normally post can honestly say I did not enjoy this one due to it's nature but very glad you two could walk away from it even though bruised and battered.

Please pm me your address as I would like to send you a small donation towards at least a start of a dream getting a new bike. It might take a long time as I have gathered that your financial situation is stretched and been in a similar postition many times in my life.

Just stay positive and keep on dreaming mate, you both will recover and ride again.

Best of luck and Godspeed :thumb

Dirk

ps. This does not mean you should stop posting your stunning photograps mate :)

Thank goodness you and your good lady survived. Good luck on your recovery and Keep posting the stunning photographs. :thumb

So sorry to hear that you had such an end to your epic journey but so relieved to hear that you are both ok.

Have a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with you guys.

Andres

Best Wishes

Really sorry to read about the disasterous end to your trip - but glad to hear that you are both OK. From the messages posted on this site you will know that you are thought of with great respect and fondness - we all hope that you will soon be back on two wheels again very soon. Keep in touch and let us hear how you get on.

Take care,

Psyko. :thumb

A dismal end to a magical trip. Thanks for sharing it with us Margus and wishing you both complete and speedy recoveries.

Back
Top Bottom