The end of the expedition...

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to you both.

However, I would just like to point out just exactly how HARD CORE you really must be.

After getting stuffed by some twat Chavski, scraping along the road at 60mph, bouncing off the bike, returning TO the bike to removing your beloved Kariina, obviously checking her vitals as you go, you then had the presence of mind to take photo's - how hard is that?

Just after the first comma in the passage above, I would be a blubbering jelly wreck.

Good luck in everything you do, you deserve it.

PS

Civil's panniers took a whooping didnt they? Still stayed together though.

Terrible news.
To look at the pictures of the bike was chilling enough, but to read about what happened to the two of you was very scary.
As others have said, the important thing is that the two of you were not seriously hurt.
Take care and rest up if you can.
Andy

Margus,

I was, like others here am very relieved that you and Kariina came through this awful crash relatively intact.

You have brought Estonia alive to us sitting here at our computers here in Ireland, the UK and elsewhere with your outstanding photographs, a very special talent.

Do keep us up to date as things progress and keep posting those pictures.

All the very best to you both.

Aidan

Cheers mates!!!

Feeling much better now, all the stunning emotional support we got!

We're both better physically now too. My chest hurts badly and painful to breathe deep, should get some painkillers, but other than that, much better now.

And looks like we did Estonian long distance motorcycle travelling record too with that trip in distance that we didn't know. Couple of big newspapers showed up interest to get a story and pics, though, emotionally not ready for it yet...

Still don't know how it goes with the bike, nobody knows, even the insurance company, because Polish standards are very strange - police decision takes up to 1.5 months, then the case goes into Polish court but court timing is awfully long there... My insurer says it could take more than a year!!! That's very bad side about it... Can't imagine waiting more than a year in stress like that and don't know what the future will be - if they give some compensation or leave me with empty hands and with written off bike if the seemingly reckess Polish guy decides not to pay somehow. So far it's very hard to imagine for us how Poland got into EU with these kind of standards.

So, that much good and bad news for here.

Thanks a million, Margus & Kariina

Never let go on your dreams man. You will be back on a GS some day. Glad you got out unhurt (sort of). And glad it didn't happen on the first day of your trip.

Get well soon mate and keep us informed on the forum.

Cheers

Demito

Margus and Kariina,
Really sorry to hear about your crash ( somehow I missed seeing your original posting...hence my delayed response ).

What a terrible way to end a fantastic trip.
Typical potential fatalities caused by a brainless feckwit :spitfire :spitfire

I`m glad you`re ok,and hope you get GSing again as soon as possible.

We need more of your stunning photos.... :thumb

Margus, that is SUCH a crock of shit. What a grim way to finish a remarkable journey.

I don't know which is worse to deal with - the white anger at some utter muppet smashing your bike, the powerlessness in trying to sort the whole thing out or the "what if?" thoughts.

But the main thing is - you both walked away pretty much intact. You're both irreplaceable; your bike can be fixed or replaced. You've got the memories (and STUNNING photos) of a great trip - don't let some Chavski spoil those.

Come over here and have a ride in the Cotswolds - we can't do scenery like that, but there's a warm welcome and at least (most of) the drivers are OK!

Get well, sorted and back on two wheels soon mate. All the very, very best.

Mark

Margus & Kariina

Grim news, my thoughts are with you. Hope things sort out with the insurance etc soonest.

Peter

Trust all is going well in the recovery front........

Hang in there Buddy.

Margus,

You gave me such positive support about my trip...so just remember you did it all and I'm sure you'll do it again, and its only money!

Take Care :thumb

Nik

Back
Top Bottom