more from karl the story so far, part VI: the road to mali

nobby

right then folks, hopefully you all got the first part of this, with a bit o luck i can finish today.
so, met up with graham, fixed his brake, sorted his carb out and off we went to mali.
the first 100km or so through dabola towards kouroussa was really smooth twisty mountain tarmak roads which made a nice change. actually got up to 80km/hr, and boy did it feel fast. the road still hadhuge potholes every now and again to keep you on your toes and of course the obligatory cows/goats standing or sleeping just where you want to ride. got to siguiri the next day, after riding allongside the niger river, spent the rest of my guinean money in the huge market (it really is a pain having so many diferent courencies and making sure you have non left before leaving, hoping that you dont need to pay any 'taxes') and set off on the piste to mali. border was no hastle, no money required either. once again, bush camped all the way, so it was nice to arrive in bamako (1st feb) and find the lebanese mission we were going to camp at, have a shower and generally recover.
also at the site was the big truck i met in fez and richard and roxanna (girl in the landrover i met in morocco, but not the guy who wasdriveng, long story) turned up, so wewent out for food, beer and even to a club. sorted visa for Burkina Faso next day, and hav been wandering round the city,bying bits n bobs and trying to e-mail for the past few days. splitting with graham and mindert for a while, hopefully all meet up again for the trip through nigeria. looking forward to time on my own again. probably leaving bamako tomorrow, heading up country to djenne, mopti then timbouctou. after that itssouth to burkina faso.
so, hope that was worth the wait, see you all later byeeeeeeeeeeeee.

k.

Back
Top Bottom