Belfast rioting. Your comments please.

Nud1es post

thats the best written, most articulate, informative and, better still personal account, written with a gentle and passive tone.
no anger, no malice, no resentment.
just an informative explanation that regardless of where you live is understandable.

i was born and rared in England,of Irish Catholic parents.
my Mother was from Clonmany (*waves to Civil ;) *) close to the border with (London)Derry~. as a child packed off to Donegal every summer i got an "education" into the Troubles that left me with a unique view.
i was merely visiting - and returned to Luton after a very brief but much loved holiday.
its odd, in England i was Irish, over here i'm seen as English. *wry grin* - i see all three sides of the story; the Republican, The Loyalist and the view-from-the-distance
, i.e; how it appears from an English perspective.

~is this "p.c" enough? :rolleyes: ;)
Nud1e . Thank you.

Droopy Dick said:
We always thought the best thing to do with Ireland is to ship over all the undesirables from the mainland, then tow the whole bloody lot into the middle of the Atlantic and sink it.

'Course, it's a bit rough on the Irish who aren't shitholes, but sometimes you just gotta be cruel to be kind.

Mind you, we were even worse if we discovered bullet holes in our aircraft.

You've got to hand it to Droopy; in this particular instance, he may not have been standing in amongst it wearing an orange sash and he may not sport a black ski mask but he is living proof that all over the world the gene pool sometimes throws a rod and spews out wrong 'un.

The concern has to be that somehow, given some extremely poor judgement witnessed here and elsewhere in these forums, he has made his way into a position of influence in our Society, God help us.

Could the country or principality that is without en-trenched problems please raise their hand so we can follow their lead :rolleyes:

Thanks Nudie for your considered reply and insight to a problem so many of us lack any real understanding of but believe we have the right to solve with the aid of our binoculars, remote controls and keyboards.

Back
Top Bottom