MATT AT S.L.M.

flooky

Has been sacked for gross misconduct ,i spoke to him today and he said it was an unfair money saving exercise.(he would ,i know say that).
I found him very helpful and he asked me to write him a reference for his solicitor.
If any one else wants to , cos he is a good bloke i will pass on your wishes.
cheers flooky

Hi Flooky,strange posting this .
But whatever the circumstances ,pass on my best wishes to Matt.
Whenever I have seen him at slm ,He has always made time to talk bikes and have a drink,even done me a favour ;)
Tell him best wishes from Jason in Lancashire. :D

Yeah, sorry seems a bit strange i know.
I dont know him on a personal level but bought my bike from him and he was fair, any problems were dealt with well.
I was in caterham on the bike yesterday and bumped into him by chance and he told me the story.
He just wanted a letter to say i was happy with his work when he sold me the bike(which i was) to back up an unfair dissmisal thing i spose.
I thought i would post on here to help him out if anybody else though he was a good salesman , he didnt mention the site, dont know if he is even aware of it.
cheers flooky

Matt update

Looks like he was treated unfairly after all. Sorry if image is too small to read, I can rescan it if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• sc00ccbdaa.jpg
    sc00ccbdaa.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 269
Try right clicking on the photo, copy and then paste it onto a Microsoft Word blank sheet - then resize. You can just about read it then !

I think this is better.
Overcharching for spare parts, as if :eek:

Attachments

• matt.jpg
    matt.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 221
Good for him, I'm pleased that the result went his way. Looks as though SLM acted in an underhand and deceitful manner in order to engineer his sacking probably to avoid making him redundant and paying him off. It's going to cost them now...justice is done :clap

Lord Snooty said:
Good for him, I'm pleased that the result went his way. Looks as though SLM acted in an underhand and deceitful manner in order to engineer his sacking probably to avoid making him redundant and paying him off. It's going to cost them now...justice is done :clap

here,here

I'm glad he won and he must have been through hell. Seems untenable to give him his old job back!

When I was studying a bit of employment law, I was told that UK law will allow the employer to get rid of any employee...

...If you can afford the court fines!

I was told of a Union rep being fired after a strike attempt at one of the local big companies... the boss just sacked him... no explantion... he won his case, but he didn't get his job back and found it difficult to get a new job!

I'm on the side of the little guy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom