Loch Awe

neily

Reaction score
Going for my first decent run today :thumb

So if u see a short arse on a yellow 1150 nowhere near Loch Awe lookin very lost, give us a wave :confused:

Hope you enjoyed yourself Neily (Lucky Sod) some people have to work,look forward to the Photos,watch out for the rest of the GS'er clan over there. ;)

Regd's K

Thanks Klinger, Never bloody happened though :spitfire

Just as I was leaving, the mates who were fishing up there phoned to say they had came home early as the weather had been crap the last 3 days so they decided to pack up early :(

So it was a leisurely ride round Ayrshire.......again :rolleyes:

Should have went yerself, dont know what ya missed :D

Attachments

• awe2.JPG
    awe2.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 200
You can even park on the shore

Attachments

• awe.JPG
    awe.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 213
~Stef~ said:
Should have went yerself, dont know what ya missed :D

ah know :(

I was all geared up for staying the night and gettin pished to :beer:

Hopefully going in 2 weeks time :bounce1

Klinger said:
Hope you enjoyed yourself Neily (Lucky Sod) some people have to work ... ;)

Regd's K

Yeah but not for ever pal :D Not long now and I cant wait :thumb

Great shots Stef, like 'awe2' like to see a B & W version of that one.

Neily, your lucky its just up the road mate ... keep tryin its defo worth it pal :cool:

Excuse me Stef

Hope you like?

Photo by Stef

stefslochawebandw.jpg

Alte, how do u put photos up but not as attached files ??????

Awesome photo Stef :D the first one that is looks as if you had a bit of the wet stuff today keep them coming Bro

Regd's K :thumb

Alte Wolf said:
Yeah but not for ever pal :D Not long now and I cant wait :thumb

Great shots Stef, like 'awe2' like to see a B & W version of that one.

Neily, your lucky its just up the road mate ... keep tryin its defo worth it pal :cool:

Hi Alte

Bust'n a gut mate can't wait to get out of this S Hole for a few day's
pardon the language, may try to catch you at the B'fast table on Wed Morning but have to go into the office.Nice job on the Photo Bro pass on my regard's to Batman when you next see him. :thumb
Regd's K

Klinger said:
Awesome photo Stef :D the first one that is looks as if you had a bit of the wet stuff today keep them coming Bro

Regd's K :thumb

Did indeed, hence the blurry bits on the pic, must remember and check for rain drops on the lens. :rolleyes:

B8074

Hi Stef

test of your local knowledge I noticed on the map to day a B class road running from Inverlochy to Bridge of Orchy as I haven't got me stabiliser's off yet and not progressed to a GS i was wondering if the road would be suitable for an RS thank's in anticipation

Regd's K

Klinger said:
Hi Stef

test of your local knowledge I noticed on the map to day a B class road running from Inverlochy to Bridge of Orchy as I haven't got me stabiliser's off yet and not progressed to a GS i was wondering if the road would be suitable for an RS thank's in anticipation

Regd's K

Nope youve lost me on that one, cant see a B class road on my map :nenau
Not all the way anyhow, most roads in Scotland including uncassified are passable depending on the weather.

Hi Klinger, I just had to check that route out, I live in Inverlochy !! :eek

I take that you mean the B8074 heading south from Bridge of Orchy towards Loch Awe then onto the A85 then to the A 819 arriving at Inveraray.
Its been a few years since I took that road but from memory you should be fine.. I’m sure Stef will be along soon with an up to date road report.

I thought I may have missed a route home from Bride of Orchy avoiding the A82 :D

G C

Last Time I went over the B8074 was pre GS...in May

broads0sf.jpg

With a Hayabusa there was gravel everywhere, I was a tad nervous (plastic rash is expensive to repair!!), and Cars comming towards you feel that they should be the only thing on that road, consequently they tear along it.. this can be somewhat disturbing on a sports bike as you try and stop (no ABS).

I'd love to do it again on the GS, It's the views on some of these roads that was one of the main reasons for me to buy a GS.
It's the heiniken of Bikes, it can get you to the places other bikes can't touch..

broads11mk.jpg

Give it a go and enjoy the road it's fine if you take it easy, combine it with the run down the B840 for some more fine views of the loch..
These were taken on the way back from our May trip 4 days around the North o scotland ~1200miles all in..great scenery and good company..

Thanks to G C and Triton65uk that's the very one i'm talking about I had heard about it before but like Stef couldn't find it on any of my maps until today I saw a copy of the A.A. Road Atlas 2006 with it marked on it. Triton thank's for the Photo's and the advice given I rode the A819 earlier this year with SWMBO as pillion and she loved it mind you it was the 11th July and probably one of the warmest all year.

ALTE did you see them Pic's (I can feel a wee Raid coming on)
BRING IT ON :D

Regd's K

Klinger said:
Thanks to G C and Triton65uk ...

ALTE did you see them Pic's (I can feel a wee Raid coming on)
BRING IT ON :D

Regd's K

Thanks G.C. and Triton, nice pics ... yes we'll do it. I'll try include it in our run up North.

Congratulations by the way ... 'Gramps' :D :cool: :thumb

Back
Top Bottom