Sugarcube & Emma down.......

Aidan1150 said:
Thanks Harry bit I don't think I did anything that any other member of this forum would do, that is help another GSer as best as I can.

Thanks again.

what..you nicked all his Touratech bits... top lad :thumb

Beautiful part of the country - sorry it ended like that. Glad to hear that everyone is OK. Good luck with sorting the bike out and choosing the new lid! Hope Emma recovers quickly and is back on the bike soon.

All the best,

Psyko

Ouch!!!

phew! - glad youz are up and about!
sorry to hear about the spill. relieved to hear the damage to you both and the bike is relatively minor.

i was hoping to meet up with ye on the Sunday / but (long story / edited version) the work i had on Saturday ran into Sunday anyhow (bah!).
myself and Mrs Og. had to settle for a little evening jaunt to Glendalough and a twilight ride home. now i think on it - we should count our blessings.
i hate hearing of "offs" / but am truly glad youz are o.k.
bikes can be fixed / people....not so easily.

Og.

p.s; Errol - i got a good condition Roof Boxer just like yours - right down to that ur1ne yella colour :D - i cant get on with it - if its any use to you - drop me a line. :)

Just to add my best wishes to both Errol and Emma. I got a real shock when i looked in the mirror yesterday and caught them crashing and i too assumed the worst. I really hope you are both feeling better.

Thanks to the rest of the guys for making me feel very welcome, and i enjoyed the trip, bar the accident obviously. It was great to put a few faces to names at last.

t

HI. Good to hear you & wife are ok. Im the guy who stuck the machine in your mouth.. Im glad you found us civil, just as we found you to be a great bunch, and almost as nice as your bikes!!!! A great advert for Motorcyclists. Take care you lot and be safe

Thanks Guys,

Your concerns are really appreciated and Emma is chuffed that so many people have been concerned about her.

Rang Hursts this morning to order some bits and pieces and they even new about it! News travels fast on this site.

Emmas left leg is badly bruised and shes been resting all day watching daytime TV and I have been at her beck and call...she better not milk this guilt trip too long.

I got away pretty light with the puncture to the lid being the worst damage. New lid required.

The bike was pretty OK too considering, both indicators popped back into place (cheers Aidan) and a new foot peg has been ordered and will be here on Wednesday. Ordered a rocker cover too but will leave it off until I come back from the Highlands this weekend as I am going to invest in a set of crashbars.

I've just went down to a friend in Hillsborough to borrow his Arai lid for the weekend as he has the same hat size as me so I am sorted out in regards to that. My jacket can be stiched and the Goretex membrane was untouched. As everyone there would agree, it could have been a whole lot worse, especially with the drop down to the river only a foor away from where Emma fell.

I now know what I did wrong, I remembered when I was riding back to Aidans house. I approached the corner over a lttle too much to the right hand side of the road, I leant the bike over and my foot scraped the ground. I don't like the feeling when that happens and I lifted the bike up to correct the lean angle but by that stage the bike had gone straight for a few yards...far too much to get the bike turned again, I tried to do it but lost the front end on the gravel at the side of the road. Really stupid mistake...all my fault. I've been thinking of nothing other than that bloody corner all day.

I would like to thank everyone who turned up for the weekend. I had a great time with the exceeption of the obvious crash. I have some photos from the weekend that I will put up later on.

Thanks once again for all the kind support, via the site, text message and phone calls. It has really made Emma and me realise what a special group of people that we share the same interest in. You really are a great bunch of blokes.

Emma will be on the back of the bike ASAP and we all hope to see you soon to finish off that damn mountain.

Aidan and Mandy... you are absolute stars. Thank you for all your help last night, it was greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Errol.

Some pics from the weekend as promised.

Image-4F7250B7296711DA.jpg

Arthur, Emma and the boys on Saturday morning just before Arthur peeled off to go to his meeting in Cavan.

Image-4F723D08296711DA.jpg

Emma on our bike.

Image-4F722978296711DA.jpg

A castle (pretty obvious). Don't know there, was following Jockser on Saturday afternoon and we stopped here for a few minutes to take a few pics.

Image-4F72183C296711DA.jpg

Wizard and Jockser

Image-4F7206C5296711DA.jpg

A wee bit of history in the making.... Trev's first green laning ever.

Image-4F71DE4E296711DA.jpg

Jockser having to stand up to see where he was going!

Image-4F71F4B0296711DA.jpg

Wizard doing a dry run checking for hidden ditches!

Image-4F71B39C296711DA.jpg

Bikes outside a sweety shop. Owners inside buying up all the soft drinks after sweating like b******s after riding through the bogs.

Image-4F7061F3296711DA.jpg

Bord na Mona want their field back.

Image-4F7190DA296711DA.jpg

The boys at the lakeside.

Image-4F716E8C296711DA.jpg

A great little lane down to the lakeside.

Image-4F714BBD296711DA.jpg

Emma, Trev, Jockser and Wizard in the pub later on.

Image-4F710F45296711DA.jpg

Trev, Oatsey and Arthur watching the first few laps of the F4 speedboats before they got bored (around lap 3) and headed for something to eat at the Hotel.

Image-4F70FC72296711DA.jpg

This boat had to do an emergency 'crash landing' as it was sinking out on the lake. The guy quite literally crashed it at full speed up the ramp before he lost the boat to the murkey depths of the lake.

Image-4F70E6CF296711DA.jpg

My underwear would have been soaking too if I had found out my 100mph boat was about to sink!

Image-4F70C0AE296711DA.jpg

The start of the race. This was as about as exciting as it got. Buggered off for our lunch about 3 minutes later.

Image-4F70AB96296711DA.jpg

Another picture of the start of the race.

Image-4F709976296711DA.jpg

My 4 week old helmet. Purchased because I ruined my Arai in Wales on the off road course.

Image-4F7084D6296711DA.jpg

Close up. Lucky boy! Pretty close to the visor.

That's it. Didn't think Emma would appreciate me photographing her with her leathers down pointing to the Ambulance crew where it hurt! If I had, I probably would have got some shots of that nice nurse who stopped to help that Oatsey and Aidan mentioned in passing ;-)

Great pictures there Errol.

Tried to Skype you last night, but you were not to be disturbed. Was it this :love , this :bash , or this :spank that kept you so busy? We really need to know, or on second thoughts, maybe not. :mmmm

:D :dabone :D

Good man Sugarcube - glad you're back in this mad house :D

And a big 'thank you' for organising the weekend - I really enjoyed it (I don't get out much :D :D )- well right up to your mishap anyway :thumb

And thanks to Aidan for a good run on Sunday after lunch & for taking charge of the 'rescue' operation :clap :clap

Will post my pics (such as they are ) later :D

And now for a quick write-up :D

( Have been under a bit of pressure since I got back so this will be short & sweet ;) )

As there were no takers from the Dublin area I decided to head to Lisburn ( with apologies to Hadrian :eek: ) to meet the others & ride to Virginia with them.

Sugarcube & Mrs S. were already there along with Trevmcdev8 & Wizard ( all overniters ) & Shuck Raider who was going to Cavan but agreed to lead us.

I've no idea where we went ( took all my concentration to keep up with Shuck & Sugarcube - and he was two up :thumb - respect )but I know we went through Banbridge, ( I think Armagh ? ) then on to Monaghan & Cavan.
It was a great, if quick, run - thanks Shuck :D

Shuck left us there & we carried on down the main road to Virginia. We were hoping to meet Hadrian there but I f**ked up & there was no sign of him. We checked in, watched the powerboats & had lunch. Still no sign of Hadrian so we set off for a wee run to Ballyjamesduff, Oldcastle & Castlepollard.

Heading towards Finea Sugarcube suddenly flew past me & pulled in - the others had spotted a bit of a lane & wanted to try a bit of off-roading :eek: Ah well, in for a penny & all that :D

Unfortunately it was a dead end but there was another one up the road. We tried that but it lead straight back onto a main (ish) road.

We tried several more lanes & had a bit of crack in the bogs - until Wizard dropped it into a drain :tosser - how we laughed.It took the 4 of us to get it out again ! No damage except a stitch in our sides from laughing :D This off roading is pretty hot work so we stopped for a coke in Finea.

From there we travelled on to Lough Sheelin & stopped at the lake shore for a gander. Wizard was telling us how he reckoned the side stand on the 12 is useless - when suddenly his bike landed in a heap beside him - narrowly missing Trev. This resulted in a cracked hand guard & a ding in the can. As the light was failing we headed back to the hotel for a big feed & a (very)few :beer: We were all in bed (seperately :) ) by about 01.00.

The following morning we had brekkie & decided to warm ourselves & the bikes up with a short spin before the others arrived :D We went out to Baillieboro, then towards Cavan & back. Big Fella & his mate Andy were already there & were followed quickly by Shuck, Oatsy & Aidan1150.

Time for lunch, watched the start of a powerboat race & headed off with Aidan leading & the rest trying to keep up :D . We had a grand run until the 'occurance' just after Keady. Once Emma had been carted off to hospital & the rozzers had finished with Sugarcube we all headed to Newry & parted company. Aidan stayed with Sugarcube & got him & Emma sorted out :clap

I really enjoyed the weekend & was delighted to meet some more Tossers. For those of you who could have attended but didn't :dabone - ya don't know what ya missed. Hopefully next time :D :D

Attachments

• Virginia '05 009.jpg
    Virginia '05 009.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 134
Above pic was a stop at Fore.

This is Sugarcube - the off road virgin :thumb
Actually we were all virgins - but thats another story :D :D

Attachments

• Virginia '05 013.jpg
    Virginia '05 013.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 129
Heres Trevmcdev8
( I can't seem to manage to write a bit, post a pic, write another bit, etc. :tosser . Bear with me ;)

Attachments

• Virginia '05 003.jpg
    Virginia '05 003.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 45
  • Virginia '05 004.jpg
    Virginia '05 004.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 40

Back
Top Bottom