Another mod I like.......

grandtrousers

Reaction score
Well as the last attachment appeared to work I may as well show you all my latest "project".
I have seen mention of the problems of burning left hand panniers and indicators, normally when the "cat" is removed. I have personally had some soft luggage throwover panniers burned and wanted a solution that didn`t involve lowering the silencer or sticking an extension tube in the end of the existing silencer. Other considerations were looks, performance, sound - not loud but harmonious and must be quiet at motorway speeds, I would hate to hear a constant loud droning at speed!
Quite by chance and through a link on this site I came across a company called Zorstec in Shipley, West Yorkshire.
After looking through their excellent web site I decided to pay them a visit to see the quality of their work and see if a suitable solution to my requirements could be met.
To cut a long story short they did a more than superb job, of which I am absolutely delighted. I did not expect such a mid range gain and even a top end rush - it now sounds like a "sophisticated" twin should and is very quiet at sustained high speed. I used to have the occasional backfire which didn`t bother me but even that has stopped!
The only minor drawback is for "system" pannier users who won`t be able to use the right hand pannier case but I am sure if you take your bike to them, they will be able to provide a solution.
Enough of my blathering - here are some piccies - yes I know the house needs painting, garden needs mowing etc...

Attachments

• Second folder 090r.jpg
    Second folder 090r.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 721
  • Second folder 091r.jpg
    Second folder 091r.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 650
  • Second folder 092r.jpg
    Second folder 092r.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 681
  • Second folder 093r.jpg
    Second folder 093r.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 780
  • Second folder 094r.jpg
    Second folder 094r.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 639
Very nice. :thumb :thumb ...

Dare one ask the inevitable question though.....

How much??

I be it wasn't cheap :eek:

Wow! I can't see from the pictures, but is this still using a y-piece i.e. 2 into 1 into 2 or do both headers go straight through to their respective can?

How much?

Mike

Not a lot more than Remus / Scorpion / Bos actually!!
I left my bike with Andy (the proprietor) so he could build a tooling jig for the link pipe. The "power pulses" are identical when you place your hands near the end of the silencers and feel the gases coming out - you would swear it was a 2 into 2 system.
One thing I forgot to mention was the slight mod you have to make to your rear lights. As you may have noticed the number plate must lowered slightly and the rear indicators are now on a bracket (I may fill the space with a rear reflector or even a foglight) which Zorstec make for them. I must mention the quality of his work again - it is magnificent and you definitely get what you pay for. Everything is fully reversible, ie you can put your bike back to standard spec. As for prices ask Zorstec as he can make individual systems to suit, but around £600 or less for craftsmanship of this quality that works, seems a fair price. He is very busy and is mentioned in most car and bike custom magazines. If you are fortunate enough to visit his premises and see just some of the "high end" cars, custom projects, and performance vehicles that people entrust him to work on then you will see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom