::: UK trip :::

Wonderful Margus thank you.

If I have a favourite it'd be the 'bird on the wall' photo.

Looking forward to seeing you again, maybe when the sun is shining.

It does you know ;)

Peter

steviemcg said:
What camera and type of media you used?

I usually use more very-fine grain films ISO 25-100. But this time vice versa i played on huge romantic grain and shot on Ilford Delta 3200 Pro ISO3200 film (which i mostly use very dark conditions only and push to extreme sensitivities ISO6400 to ISO12500), but shot it on daylight and pulled it to lower ISO800 or 1600. Couple of other rolls of film were Kodak TMAX and MACO Cube400c.

Camera is ARAX 60 (aka tuned-up version of Kiev 60) medium format square 6x6 frame.

Hope this helps.

Margus

Wraithwrider said:
Looking forward to seeing you again, maybe when the sun is shining.

Peter, in 5 minutes we got the sun, rain, fog and wind all of them in Wales :D

Strangely i never shot in that rainy-foggy conditions and i'm bit tired from sunshine (after spending august month in Iran), but now i've done it and it's something new for me and i really like the different kind of results i've never worked with. UK really is refreshing at this thime of year :)

Margus :thumb

Margus, Amazing.. I never get tired of looking at your photos.. Good on you mate. :thumb

Margus

I've just realized that this photo is me (BMW Panniers & HG Master Jkt):

Me1.jpg

Can you email me a high res copy if we exchange email addresses?

The quality of light here in the Lake District in the Spring is amazing BTW ;)

Peter

Pity its a 12 mind

cheeky git :D scared the crap out of me the first time Margus dived off the side of the bike to take those shots. I hadn't realised He'd rescued His camera from Ians pannier :bow genius with a camera.

Tsiklonaut said:
img022.jpg

With nice architecture around

This one is my favourite, it looks like the place is still being used, not a museum. A timeless photo.

Tsiklonaut said:
We really enjoyed our first trip over! Big shouts go out to Gavinbell, MrIFan, Tarka & Lorraine, Whatton and all the UKGSer crew we met directly or inderectly making all this happen!

Till the next time then!

Cheers, Margus and Kariina
:clap :clap :clap

Hi glad you are both home safe, also pleased you enjoyed your visit. It was a pleasure to show you are damp city. Which I may add looks better in black and white than it does in colour,or is that just your eye for a good photo. My daughter enjoy meeting you both and are visit to the boat museum.
Have fun with the new bike, before it snows hopfully.
Have fun, love to you both Lorraine. :thumb

Margus

Many thanx for the hi-res copy.

Lorraine, nice to hear from you.

Peter

Lovely photo's.(dunno what else to say really cos i have no hope of taking pics like that).

WHere is the cathederal in the Peak District??? Is it the church at Hope near Castleton by any chance??

Great pics as usual Margus. I just never tire looking at them

AndyT

Just Curious...

Tsiklonaut said:
I usually use more very-fine grain films ISO 25-100. But this time vice versa i played on huge romantic grain and shot on Ilford Delta 3200 Pro ISO3200 film (which i mostly use very dark conditions only and push to extreme sensitivities ISO6400 to ISO12500), but shot it on daylight and pulled it to lower ISO800 or 1600. Couple of other rolls of film were Kodak TMAX and MACO Cube400c.

Camera is ARAX 60 (aka tuned-up version of Kiev 60) medium format square 6x6 frame.

Hope this helps.

Margus

Did you develop and print yourself or use a lab? Either way , what developer and paper did you use - I like the contrasty effects.

Grazoid said:
Did you develop and print yourself or use a lab? Either way , what developer and paper did you use - I like the contrasty effects.

All by myself. These are scans from negatives. But mostly sure prefer photographic paper above all, just didn't have time and patience to put them on paper yet. I use very different developers on films, some "one-shot" (high quality and expensive) developers and some reusable as typical TMAX, Supergrain etc as well depending on purpose and motivation (some films need more than 1h our to work with one roll). On prints i use alternative developing techniques very few people deal with nowadays also only very few type of papers guarantee the needed results.

Wanna try? The same equipment i used for these shots is for sale in the forum :D

Couple of colour ones for "documentarty" as well.

Flight to UK:
img870.jpg

Baltic Sea down there

img871.jpg

Up there the weather is always beautiful, but freeezingly cold i imagine looking at the frozen window

img839.jpg

Recognize any tossers?

img843.jpg

Wroooom... Who cares about the rain anyway?

img849.jpg

Mystical Peaks after the rain

img851.jpg

Dead boats in living water

img854.jpg

Wind vs tree in Wales

img857.jpg

Only one moment the window opened from the sky and Sun got through, 30sec later it closed again

img860.jpg

Was it Llanuwchllyn?

img862.jpg

Geometry in Chatsworth House

img864.jpg

And very nice garden they had there...

img866.jpg

img867.jpg

Some other house it had nearby, probably made from sandstone

img868.jpg

Something we found in London, i think it was in front of some royal house or something. At least we saw a freaking expensive english-style looking car coming out escored by 9 police BMW R1100RTs & 1 Honda 1100ST, two police cars and one undercover guard with private car. Oh, and two wierd looking guys were in front of the house with wierd hats and uniforms doing strange moves with their rifle guns over their shoulders. And saw an old women on back seat with gray hair in that expensive car just 10 metres away :)

img879.jpg

And back home...

jnrobert said:
I like your colour work even more :thumb

A major break through - you spelt 'colour' correctly :p Maybe there is hope for some merkins after all :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom