Easter 2006 International GS Rally

Whoo bad vibes!!

Folks

The Vlaanderen GS club have always been very friendly and welcoming to us Brits. Been to 5 of their rallies (inc 1 Dutch one) and never had problems. But they can be a bit 'loose' on the communications side (like when I asked for GPS coords for the rally site at Ronse and the organiser gave me coords for his home in Gent).

For the first time we're (Georgie and I) not going this year as we hope to have a new baby by then, so I've not got the details as usual. But I'll mail a few of the Belgian and Dutch guys to see what the score is on attendance and on payment; then I'll get back to you all - probably in a few days from now.

I recommend you persevere as the rallies are good, especially the dirt rides.

Simon

So.... International or Belgian only?

I was planning to do a day trip raid as I did to Hamme.......

(Is de gebeurtenis voor lokale leden vorm België of open aan eigenaars GS overzee zoals Hamme in 2003 was?)

Mail sent

Folks

I have just sent this mail to Willy the rally organiser - let's see what his response is?

Now would any of you mottley crew trust me with your money?

Simon

------------------------------------------------------

Willy

Hello from sunny England. Do you remember me from past GS rallies, with my wife Georgie. Unfortunately we will not be coming to the rally this year as fortunately Georgie is pregnant. We plan to have a baby at the end of February, so a GS trip in April is too soon; we will have to wait for future years and maybe a GS sidecar.

Now a question… Many of the UK GSers would like to come to the rally (as usual) but they are too lazy or uneducated ;-) to use the money transfer approach get the rally fee to you. Can we arrange some method of getting British money to you? I can think of 2 ways we might make it simple enough for them:

1. You could use Paypal to accept the money from them
2. I could act as agent for you - they could send their money to me as UK cheques, I’d tell you who’s booked. At 4th April I could send the money to you or some other Vlaanderen GS member’s Paypal account. Or I could arrange for some UK member to take a roll of Euro-cash over to you. Maybe I can ask Gecko (one of the UKGSers who lives in Belgium, to do the money transfer.

I hope that makes sense and doesn’t sound like some Nigerian guy trying a new fraud. If it’s all too complex, some of the Brits will have to miss the Belgian meeting – would be shame.

I will post this message on the UKGSer forum under:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56761&page=2&pp=16

Simon
---------------------------------------

sorebums said:
Folks

I have just sent this mail to Willy the rally organiser - let's see what his response is?

Now would any of you mottley crew trust me with your money?

Simon

------------------------------------------------------

Willy

Hello from sunny England. Do you remember me from past GS rallies, with my wife Georgie. Unfortunately we will not be coming to the rally this year as fortunately Georgie is pregnant. We plan to have a baby at the end of February, so a GS trip in April is too soon; we will have to wait for future years and maybe a GS sidecar.

Now a question… Many of the UK GSers would like to come to the rally (as usual) but they are too lazy or uneducated ;-) to use the money transfer approach get the rally fee to you. Can we arrange some method of getting British money to you? I can think of 2 ways we might make it simple enough for them:

1. You could use Paypal to accept the money from them
2. I could act as agent for you - they could send their money to me as UK cheques, I’d tell you who’s booked. At 4th April I could send the money to you or some other Vlaanderen GS member’s Paypal account. Or I could arrange for some UK member to take a roll of Euro-cash over to you. Maybe I can ask Gecko (one of the UKGSers who lives in Belgium, to do the money transfer.

I hope that makes sense and doesn’t sound like some Nigerian guy trying a new fraud. If it’s all too complex, some of the Brits will have to miss the Belgian meeting – would be shame.

I will post this message on the UKGSer forum under:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56761&page=2&pp=16

Simon
---------------------------------------

Uneducated.... haha :ymca

Official Update

I called Willy and explained to him that the payment idea was creating a few problems fro you UK based GSers , so he has agreed that if you email him directly with your booking you can pay on arrival.
Please only email him if you are sure you are going to attend and if your circumstances do change let him know as soon as possible.
Willy said they don't expect any problems with the 250 limit on attendence so I get the impression we don't need to get stressed about getting a pitch on the site or not but obviously the sooner you book the easier it is for the organisers to ensure adequate catering and beer is available :D

If anyone wants to ensure their booking they can send me a PM and arrange payment via me. I can accept paypal payments and then transfer the payments from here. Just PM me if you want to go down that route.

sorebums said:
Well done.

Just came on to post a note from Belgian John and saw Gecko has sorted it... I just asked if it was open to all and he replied:

It's open to all, just that they're paying a lot for the ground and there's only 250 spaces available for camping. So they want everybody who's going to pay up front, in case they run out of spaces by the time the event is held. Also they don't want to have large amounts of cash on site.

What is Willy's email?
Is there a (draft) timetable of things of what's on yet?

Anyone have a picture gallery of one of these events from a previous year?

Also a short description of what they mean by "These BMW’s need are likely to be equipped with the suitable knobbly or trail enduro type tyres to be able to enjoy the full program" (I know this is a translation)...

Will a new guy, who doesn't want to drop his NEW GS have fun without knobbies on the off-road for beginners trip?

Good fun in a non destructive way?

Al...

araspitfire said:
Anyone have a picture gallery of one of these events from a previous year?

Will a new guy, who doesn't want to drop his NEW GS have fun without knobbies on the off-road for beginners trip?

Here are some pics of last years event in Holland. The ride is likely to be something similar.

Whether you'll have fun without knobbies on a shiny new GS depends a lot on the weather the days before the ride and on your attitude. If your year is ruined if you collect a scratch or break a mirror, it might not be such a good idea.

There always are people who go for a ride on the road, so plenty of opportunities if you don't want to go off-road.

I have been to 3 of these and I loved it. Give it a try!

Cheers,
Michel

Thanks for the link.

My last bike was a Honda XL350R, and I did ride it off-road quite a bit. But it having been 10 years since I sold it, and not expecting to have knobbies on my new (much bigger) baby for a while yet.... (and no engine bars...)

As you say, if it hasn't been raining just before, it'll likely be fine... but if not... Road ride time...

Al...

easter gs rally

I have just booked the ferry with motorsport travel £36.60 1005 out on friday the 14th and 1525 on monday the 17th. p&o ferries. P&o online wanted £40 with a £10 fuel surcharge I have never heared of that before.Any way see you there. john. i forgot to say it was dover calais.

I'm on the tunnel.

Going out Friday - Departure time 10:44 -- Arrival time (local) 12:19

Coming back Monday - Departure time 16:06 -- Arrival time (local) 15:41

£65 return :)

Thats me reserved a space on the field. Got reply from willy.

Wheheh !!!

Den said:
Doesnt everyone ?

.....to yours.... :eek: I sure hope not.
You know talking to it doesn't make it any bigger - it might work for house plants but not likely to be effective on your todger :p

I am very interested in participating in the Easter rally meeting in Belgium. I have sent an e-mail to the them but have not heared anything . I've also tried to PM and e-mail you without any success. Could you please advise me on what i should do next. My e-mail is r.spalvieri@btopenworld.com
I would be very grateful for any help. Thanks Romeo.

Back
Top Bottom