simon and lisa in difficulties!!

i'm sure they at the least will appreciate the jesture. i know i do.

call up?

Bert said:
doing it now for you on both addresses. Hope it helps them.
:thumb

Done! I've sent both Simon and Lisa rthe same email twice-
Once with with yahoo and also again through my NTL account just in case one c*cks up. Hopefully, one gets through.

If you have a contact number for their mum you might want to let her know that there is mail for them with the schematics they need.
Glad to help a fellow biker. They need a bit of good news after their epic above! Geesh and to think I was worried about a final drive seal going on my 1200 :rolleyes: that was a walk in the park compared to what they are going through!

All the best
B

your email and PM's

Bonkers said:
i'm sure they at the least will appreciate the jesture. i know i do.

are both set to :nono
Bummer! I would have sent you the same files- you need perhaps to release the block!! :rolleyes: :p

all ok so far

Hi....we are OK! just very tired and Simons still in quite a bit of pain.......

We are back on the road after yet another problem with Simon's bike - the rear wheel bearings went! So we are limping into Sao Paulo where very nice and kind Mr BMW Brazil has been looking after us from afar and is planning all the new bits for Simon's bike. His rear sub-frame has cracked in two places aswell. My bike and me BTW are fine and no damage....just the normal bikers arthritus in neck and hands!

Today we are still knackerd as wehave put in well over 500 miles in order to get to SP ASAP. We started this am at 5:30 am and hauled ourselves off the bikes at 6:30pm. A bit concerned at the amount of painkillers Simon is having to take but our aim is to get both him and his bike sorted once in SP.

Thanks for keeoing our friends at the GS club and ADV rider informed. We've only just read the replies and we are both very moved at the well wishes. Please let them know that we are moving along now and heading slowly but surely for Sao Paulo. After all repairs - human and mechanical - are complete we will be moving onto Mendoza in Argentina as we have been invited to give a presentation at the 1st Annual BMW meet. We are so looking forward to this!

Your ears must have been burning whilst we were in Humaita we were talking about you guys - we were both exhausted and fantasising about being somewhere else....at the time we thought it would be exceptionaly cool to have joined you for a drink (or 9) at the Courtyard and then crashed back at your place drinking some dodgy co-op wine!!

Listen - thanks once again for all your concern
lotsoflove
Lisa and the cripple...!! :clap :bow

Hi guys.. have been following this since glynn broke the news to me.. so glad to hear you 2 are safe.. hope your feeling better soon simon..n chin up..you recover quicker than the GS!! :) remarkable reading n new photos on your site... well.. made me go cold.. as always you guys are in my thourghts.. best of luck n hey soon b easter!!

lots of luv & best wishes to you both steve

well Monsieur

Yosi said:
I fully simpatize with you, guys. In 1995 I did a similar trip across the Amazonas on the "Amazonas Highway" from Belem to Manos and from there to Porto Alegre Via Porto velho ans Sao Paulo. Although in an old Yamaha XT500 and almost no luggage it was a nighmare. Crashed 13 times one day.
And funny enough I got stranded in the same place, Humahita with a desintegrated spark plug. Try to find one in the UK, not to mention there. So I'm full of aprisal for simon who managed to go that far in the elephant GS.

I'm sure somebody in this forum must have a elctric diagrama for a 1100GS to sort your troubles. Or tell me which wires are shorted |I'll try an look at my bike to help.

You are almos out, so keep it safe and well done!!

My regards to Simon and it seems he is very lucky to have you along side...

Um abraso y beisos, Yosi
Muita saudade!!

Goodness me,yosi...Reading that you're such a well seasoned biker AND that you've done the same route AND you had parts problems...AND you so know how it's like....surely you would understand so much better than anyone else their need?
This does raise the question as to why it is that you did not take it upon yourself to find those schematics and send them... :confused:
Walk the Walk my boy- don't just talk-the-talk- :rolleyes: :tosser
Rant over ;)

Carry on guys!

Main thing is that you're in 1 piece and motivation is still there!!!

Tech probs are solvable anyway, i have a new spare rear bearing for 1100 available if you don't get it from there. I always carry it with me on travels, recommend the same to you (order 2 of them next time :)).

Speedy recovery to you!

We all are looking forward for your awsome RTW trip reports.

Cheers, Margus

...Thanks for the support.

Morning boys and girls!

We´ve just managed to get an internet connections - and its a good one. We are now only two days away from Sao Paulo but its just starting chucking down with rain.

Anyway, we just wanted to say how very moved we were to receive such kind words of support after our Amazon trial....we knew that it would be difficult and expected dangers (we bought rope, pulleys..etc) but had obviously hoped that neither of us would be injured. One of our biggest set-back was the electrical problem and have no idea what caused it. However, the still hot bike lying on its side for over 2 hours with hot oil pouring out can´t have been a good thing!

Its also sods law with the rear wheel bearing. Tsiklonaut, you are absolutley right about a spare - we´ve been carrying a spare for the entire journey except for the last 5 months when we installed the spare just before leaving Cape Town! Not even in my worst days did I imagine I´d go through a wheel bearing in 5 months! I´d planned on picking up another spare but only when we returned to Argentina as parts in Brazil are horrific! as I said.......sods law.

If we can give the bikes some TLC in Sao Paulo (Lisa´s F650GS just needs a good service and has really proved itself as one tough bike) we plan to high-tail it to Mendoza Argentina as we have been invited to give a presentation at the 1st South American BMW annual rally! The offer of being put up at the Hyatt was just too good to refuse - and that and the fact we´ve just missed being around biking company. We´ve only met 2 overlanding motorcyclists so far in South America.

Thank you all so much for all your kind words and support (coming home...? No way - we´ve go the rest of the world to do yet!)

Gotta go - we are now going to try to upload the new diary and the full info on our own website. www.2ridetheworld.com
cheers

Simon and Lisa

Great to hear that you're back with us Simon.... my 1st rear bearing lasted 40,000 mile..... the second one lasted 4,000 mile..... make sure it's fitted right with no side preload once in there.... like I didn't ;) :D:D

Glad to see you have the good lady looking after you :thumb

The Full dirty story

...Just a quickie, the bikes are loaded and we´re about to leave.

The full story of our Amazon adventure (mis-adventure) is now online, I´ve just managed to upload, the diary. Sorry no pictures yet, ran out of time. But soon I promise. Hopefully it should read OK. Page 11 of the Brazil section find it here www.2ridetheworld.com - our amazon adventure

Thganks for the info Paul. I´ll get the boys at BMW to check over teh new bearing I´ve just put in, as I know it´s not right.

Best wishes
Simon T :beer:

It doesn't alter the fact that you're still a tosser(and I am sooooo happy that you're not coming home) :tosser

Bert said:
Goodness me,yosi...Reading that you're such a well seasoned biker AND that you've done the same route AND you had parts problems...AND you so know how it's like....surely you would understand so much better than anyone else their need?
This does raise the question as to why it is that you did not take it upon yourself to find those schematics and send them... :confused:
Rant over ;)

:nono

Yosi is good peeps whose well liked on this site and so far he has contributed far more than you. Before you start flapping your gums about what Yosi is or isn't, perhaps you would do well to take your own advise.

How dull it is...back to sleep junior!

jnrobert said:
:nono

Yosi is good peeps whose well liked on this site and so far he has contributed far more than you. Before you start flapping your gums about what Yosi is or isn't, perhaps you would do well to take your own advise.

Do try to make use of the Queen's English my boy ; I understand it makes you struggle way beyond your abilities but make an effort will you? - your post is...well ...lacking somewhat :rolleyes:

p.s. I am very disappointed that you haven't fallen in yet ;)

come on boy's take it outside and calm down or go to the bar and get each other a drink.

I hope Simon is OK, and that his operation is successful, and you can both be back on the bikes very soon. Best wishes Simon / Lisa.

(Due to the server problems the most recent posts regarding Simon's damaged neck seem to have been lost forever)

simon had his op yesturday at 1 pm est all went well but still no address hopefully soon though

Simons op!

Bonkers said:
simon had his op yesturday at 1 pm est all went well but still no address hopefully soon though

Good news to hear all went ok.. just think simon with no voice for 2 weeks!!

Bert said:
Rant over ;)

If I had what they need, wouls heave been sent to them long before your kind advice. But I do not have an electric diagrama so sorry, my apologies... :dabone

Back
Top Bottom