Christmas ride out!

Stoney

Reaction score
Anyone fancy braving a cold ride-out to escape the left-overs and Mary Poppins?

I'll be arranging a ride-out (like last year) on Tuesday 27th December. Route yet to be decided but probably heading for some fresh sea air.

It's open to all types of bikes and will be all on-road, albeit mostly twisty!

'Rough schedule': Start 9am (Leeds), 9.45 pick up in Thirsk. Then for some fish & chips and back for a 4pm finish at Squires.

If it's anything like last year, it'll be cold, dark, wet and icy!!:eek:

Here's a pic from last year to whet your appetite.

Image-D2D77D9A51C711DA.jpg

p.s. All the usual about this not being a 'club event' and you'll need your own insurance etc. :bow

Put me down for that Andy, could be a nice warm day!! perhaps stay away from frozen fords this year eh.

Wayne's World said:
but only if you are supplying the mars bars again.

I'd forgotten about that! :eek:

I'm starting to wish I hadn't advertised this ride on a couple of other boards - I'm already up to 14+ bikes.

ginger chris said:
do you supply snickers as well?

Don't push your luck Mr. Evans. Just because your career is finally starting to get going again.

Stoney said:
I'd forgotten about that! :eek:

I'm starting to wish I hadn't advertised this ride on a couple of other boards - I'm already up to 14+ bikes.
How Dare You...............
I hope your not including BMWGS.co.uk in that statment :eek

dazzer said:
How Dare You...............
I hope your not including BMWGS.co.uk in that statment :eek

Eh?

Yes, I have posted the ride-out on the BMWGS.co.uk, and everyone on there is really, really welcome.

I've put it one about 5 sites in total, so the Mars bar bill could stack up - I best get saving, either that or save the MArs bars out of the Xmas selection boxes!

It'd be great to you there if you can make it.

Andy

Stoney, thats 15 now, unless its snowin.I have asked for other Geordies to volunteer too.
PS can I have a Twix please, king size cos i am a big lad:D:thumb

Sounds great... got me sexy bar muffs on now (for those like myself with no heated grips, believe me the ride into work this morning was toasty warm on my fingers tips :D ).. as long as its not snowing..!!!! I'll be there.... :cool: :thumb

A tentative "yes" if conditions are suitable.
Will deep-frying facilities be available? :D

Sounds good.
I would think by then I would be glad of an excuse to get out and get some fresh air :eek:

Whereabouts in Leeds?

Hi chaps

The ride is starting to shape up. I just need to do a test ride to plan the stops (Will be doing this Friday or Saturday if any fancies it).

We'll be sticking mostly to main roads to avoid any ice etc.

Route will be:
Leeds (Harewood Arches) leaving 9.00am
Thirst (Market Square) leaving 10.00am
Then over to Scarborough for lunch via the Dalby Forest Drive (toll free in December :thumb)
Then over to Squires cross country via Sledmere and Pocklington.
About 180miles from Leeds to Leeds.

Mars bars for everyone!

If there is snow or ice on the road the ride will be cancelled.

pm me with your desired meeting point if you intend to come.

pm me if you want the mapsource file of the route.

Stoney,

I'd like to come along.

I'll ride out to Thirsk and meet you there, then maybe ride a bit of the way back then head back to Scarborough. Do you need any pub lunch or cafe recommendations in or around Scarborough ?

Cheers,

Andy

Forecast is dry and mild from here to the other side of Christmas so very little chance of ice on the roads. :bounce1

Now's the time to plead for you pass - maybe even offer to do some dishes for Xmas etc. in return :eek

Here's a quich run-down of the route (about 170 miles)

• Leeds (First meeting point - A659/A61 crossroads - Harewood House) - Leaving at 9.00am
• A61 to Thirsk (* Second meeting point - Market Square) - Leaving at 10.00am
• A170 to Thornton-le-Dale
• Dalby Forest Drive to Scalby
• A165 to Scarborough South Bay (Lunch stop)
• A165 to Bridlington
• B1253 to Sledemere
• Right on to B1251 to Fridaythorpe (Stop for a Cuppa at Seaways Cafe 2.00pm approx)
• A166 via Stamford Bridge
• A64 to Fulford
• Join B1222 via Cawood and finish at Squires 3.30pm approx

If you're coming PM with where you'll meet us and what you'll be riding.

Well the forecast is looking dry over Xmas but getting colder.

Weather pending its looking like a busy ride-out with anywhere between 20-30+ bikes of all varieties coming. Some folks are even coming up from Oxford!!!!!!!

For those braving the cold, please can everyone meeting us in Thirsk make sure they have full tanks.Those meeting the ride before Thirsk can fill up with the group at the Tesco petrol station on the edge of Thirsk before we get to Market Square.

Please see me in Scarborough if you think you'll need to fill up again before Fridaythorpe and I'll make sure we stop when needed for those bikes that are capacity challenged on the fuel tank front - you know who you are.

See you all on the 27th - wrap up warm and ride safe.

Andy.

Back
Top Bottom