Republic of Galveston

Lafitte

Hello,
Another colonist here. Live on Galveston Island , Texas, ride mainly a GS1150. Have not seen GB yet , but would like to. Have seen some of Europe many years ago via Texas A&M Maritime Academy. This is an icebreaker to see if any interested Brits may harbor a desire to see Texas/ USA. Perhaps there may be a future possibility of a bike exchange .......?
Anyway , just fishing..........
Lafitte
43253733-M.jpg

p.s. A balmy, sunny 80 deg. F today.

Last edited:
Keep on dangling yer tackle,matey...as I`ve got no desire to visit the USA at all .... :D :D

I do,however,have a desire to welcome you aboard the mad ship UKGSer.. :thumb

Another fine welcome to a new guy.
Hi Lafitte, welcome to UK gsers.
Its a good idea , bike swapping. Im sure someone will take you up on it, once they have finished slaggin off yer fish, trousers, beard, hat,shirt, boots, sunglasses, beach, nationality and everything else they can focus in on in your photograph.
Em ... dont mention anything about geckos.
Dont ask who Stella is.

Den ... King of Scotland.

Welcome

Don't look now but there's a fishy thing crawling up yer strides ! As to the bike swap, if you're serious you could look here, not used them myself but have given it some serious consideration.

oblertone

Thanks, just what I was looking for. Organized tours don't quite work for me. Like to travel where , when and with my choice of companions. Traveling with strangers can be an iffy proposition. I see that this site is a challenge in itself.Oh yeah , for some of the above posters FYYFF ! :tosser

Welcome. I have been to Galveston a couple of times - one of which was at spring break time :eyebrow

How did you get on in the hurricane? Did your property or garden get damaged?

Mike

I think the Hurricane got all his clothes got ruined - luckily he found somebody elses

His lawns not looking too flash either - needs some fish,blood and bone.

Still he's making a start....hes got a fish...

:jes

CM

Cheesy Mike said:
Welcome. I have been to Galveston a couple of times - one of which was at spring break time :eyebrow

How did you get on in the hurricane? Did your property or garden get damaged?

Mike

Thanks for asking. Hurricane Rita actually missed Galveston Island . We only received 100mph winds and rain. No damage to home. However the mandatory evacuation was another matter. It was "Charley Foxtrot" . Many hours stuck in traffic , gasoline (petrol) was not to be had , all stations sold
out , motels had no vacancies. Evacuating several million people in the greater Houston metro area revealed the inadequacies of planning and infrastructure . Don't want to do it again.

Welcome

Hi Lafitte, and welcome to our zoo. I see you've met some of the star attractions already :alian It's not that bad really!!

Hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll find a suitable 'partner' to swap with.

Where in the UK do you fancy visiting?

Welcome, very interesting place you're coming!

Already waiting for some rideout reports ;)

What's the fish btw?

Cheers, Margus

I was going to say a 'warm welcome' to you, but tbh it's feckin' freezin' here mate. Nice to have you on board.

JDH

Welcome to the madhouse.
weren't you in ZZ Top? :D

ahem. ;)
Og.
King of Ireland

Thanks

Tsiklonaut said:
Welcome, very interesting place you're coming!

Already waiting for some rideout reports ;)

What's the fish btw?

Cheers, Margus

The fish is locally called a Redfish /Red Drum. Excellent eating.

All

HOGDAWG said:
Hi Lafitte, and welcome to our zoo. I see you've met some of the star attractions already :alian It's not that bad really!!

Hope you enjoy the site and I'm sure you'll find a suitable 'partner' to swap with.

Where in the UK do you fancy visiting?

My Mrs. is a first generation American. Her mother was Scottish , her father Irish. I would like to see England,Ireland and Scotland. Not to be boorish , but they are all pretty close together distance wise , so might as well see the elephant , so to speak.

My Mrs. is a first generation American. Her mother was Scottish , her father Irish.

as are all americans, it seems.

how was the fish ? :thumb

Lafitte said:
My Mrs. is a first generation American. Her mother was Scottish , her father Irish. I would like to see England,Ireland and Scotland. Not to be boorish , but they are all pretty close together distance wise , so might as well see the elephant , so to speak.

That's what I thought when I visited Britain in September. Yes, in terms of land mass Britain is small, but there's lots and lots of stuff to see there, and it takes forever to travel seemingly short distances. My 15 days there was barely enough to scratch the surface. I got to see part of Wales and tiny bits of England, but had no time for Ireland or Scotland. Maybe next year.

motomartin said:
My Mrs. is a first generation American. Her mother was Scottish , her father Irish.

as are all americans, it seems.

:nono Don't confuse us with that island of convicts you live on, Phil. ;)

More Americans claim to have German roots than any other national ancestry, according to a report just released by the US Census Bureau.

Nearly 43 million people — about 15% of respondents — listed German as their primary cultural heritage in 2000, in numbers that highlight the strong sense of tradition among descendants of German immigrants who left their homeland to make a new life for their families in the United States. While their numbers are down from 58 million in 1990, when the group comprised 23% of the US population, German-Americans are still the largest group, followed by Irish (10.8%), African-American (8.8%) and English (8.7%).

http://www.germany-info.org/relaunch/culture/new/cul_census_ancestry_2000.html

Ger_us.jpg

Back
Top Bottom