It's Not Just The Bm's That Have Brake Problems

~Stef~ said:
A bit like a Truimph owner coming on here and saying there Triumphs better than a BWM

But then the difference is that as well as being a BMW owner, I am also a Triumph owner. The other difference is that the moderators here don't get their knickers in a twist about it, unlike the merchant banker who runs Triumphrat.net :D

Pressurized said:
I've had that too on my 102k mile 1100. Look's like we've got ourselves another type fault.

That could explain why when I bought my 1100GS two of the indicators were aftermarket mini ones :eek

Bob Southgate said:
But then the difference is that as well as being a BMW owner, I am also a Triumph owner. The other difference is that the moderators here don't get their knickers in a twist about it, unlike the merchant banker who runs Triumphrat.net :D

I remember a while back a Tiger owner posting on here that he had bought a Tiger cause he thought it was a better deal than a GS, he recieved much the same response as the GS rider on the Triumphrat.net.

Now if you want to talk about anal retentives try the Yahoo Tiger group, dont try posting anything unless it includeds the words 'Tiger' and 'Triumph' :nenau

The point made about Triumphs quality slipping on newer bikes is true my K reg Trophy (60,000 miles) had far superior quality to the N reg (32,000 miles) one I bought after it, and my current K reg Daytona 1200 (49,000 miles) is corrosion free. . . . .. . . almost :D

~Stef~ said:
I remember a while back a Tiger owner posting on here that he had bought a Tiger cause he thought it was a better deal than a GS, he recieved much the same response as the GS rider on the Triumphrat.net.

He didn't get anywhere near the level of abuse that I got when I posted on Triumphrat. And nor did he get barred from posting for expressing an opinion during an exchange of PM's with the site owner. :)

And no doubt about it, the finish on Triumphs these days is rubbish. Even if you use products like Scottoil FS365 or Moterex Protect & Shine (the Triumph factory recommended product) they fall apart. The only way to stop a modern built (post 2002) Triumph from corroding is to not use it during winter.

Bob Southgate said:
He didn't get anywhere near the level of abuse that I got when I posted on Triumphrat. And nor did he get barred from posting for expressing an opinion during an exchange of PM's with the site owner. :) .

You probably deserved it :D

Update :-
Tiger still going strong with 48000 miles up and I've not had to have anything rebuilt yet. She went to the top of the Col Sommeiller (Stella Alpina Rally) again this year. The starter motor still works every time. The generator rotor hasn't fallen to bits. The gearbox still selects every gear that I ask it to. Only on my second chain & sprockets. Doesn't use any oil between services. Original Kayaba rear shock still going. :tigger:monkeypiz:GS :dabone

Bob,
I agree with you about the build quality of Triumphs.
Oil leaks, dodgy powercoat, flimsy plastics on my Sprint RS which I had for 5 years. Just sold it.

Tiger still going strong with 48000 miles up and I've not had to have anything rebuilt yet. She went to the top of the Col Sommeiller (Stella Alpina Rally) again this year. The starter motor still works every time. The generator rotor hasn't fallen to bits. The gearbox still selects every gear that I ask it to. Only on my second chain & sprockets. Doesn't use any oil between services. Original Kayaba rear shock still going.

Made in Leicestershire. What do you expect? just don't drop it on it's left hand side and then try and start the engine :augie

Tiger still going strong with 48000 miles up and I've not had to have anything rebuilt yet. She went to the top of the Col Sommeiller (Stella Alpina Rally) again this year. The starter motor still works every time. The generator rotor hasn't fallen to bits. The gearbox still selects every gear that I ask it to. Only on my second chain & sprockets. Doesn't use any oil between services. Original Kayaba rear shock still going. :tigger:monkeypiz:GS :dabone

You should have bought a honda C90, you'd have saved a lot of money,and they both look crap. . :D

He didn't get anywhere near the level of abuse that I got when I posted on Triumphrat. And nor did he get barred from posting for expressing an opinion during an exchange of PM's with the site owner. :)

Bloody hell Bob have you been pissing people off Triumphrat aswell :D

Good man :thumb

I seriously doubt that anyone is after me!

The Sprint went to a new and very happy owner and now I have a brand spanking 12GS. But before you ask, no I'm not taking it off road!

Back
Top Bottom