1st Ride of 2006 - Sunday 1st Jan - Herts/Cambridgeshire/Beds

Would very much like to tag along :) Need to cancel a previous engagement (!! :eek: ) and might not know until the last minute. Out of courtesy, is there a way I can confirm on the morning (assuming a last minute post on this thread is too late)? Many Thanks. :thumb

Put me down for this one Adam.I'll remember this one this time.I've got some new gloves to try out!!! See you Sunday.

Marcus.

Abelrider said:
Good man.;)

Is that why GPS is required?
Eyesights so bad people cant follow my tail light they need voice prompts?:D

Voices in my helmet tell me to GO FASTER>>>>> voices in my GPS.... naww... just thought we could have a lie in , then give you an hours headstart so we could then have some fun catching up :)

Seriously tho' was actually going to volunteer as tail end charlie if required, as I usually ride as front man or sweeper on rides with my usual crew, and know the roads on that route fairly well. Thought it would be good to have a route with the stops marked.

Tho' think the B660 is overrated and usually full of prats who ride on the wrong side of the road towards you on the bends... Rather like the A507 to Buntingford has become. The B1046 and 1040 are much more fun , less populated but do take a lot more skill to ride smoothly... an option if the weather turns colder again??

can we come?

myself and a mate would like to tag along - i'll text you.
ta

Well the ride out terminated prematurely after a sports bike rider (CBR 600) managed to plough up a verge. Happily he walked away unscathed and the bike was actually rideable, although he could change gear as the peg and gear lever were history!

50454434-M.jpg

Removing the clods of earth!

50454436-M.jpg

The furrow!

50454415-M.jpg

Anxious onlookers

50454378-M.jpg

At Peterborough Services later on

50454447-M.jpg

and then when I washed my bike I found this in the rear tyre.

50454451-M.jpg

:( :spitfire :( :spitfire :( :spitfire

Chris

Grazoid said:
Thought it would be good to have a route with the stops marked.
I dont really do organised stops, just fit them in as and when they seem appropriate.:)

Tho' think the B660 is overrated
It was REALLY good fun today, till we crossed the A1. :eek:
I wouldnt say it was overrated. Over talked about by EMAP mags definately.
This time of year I choose routes that are less likely to be frozen and/or covered in mud.
Its a road. It has a pretty good surface. It has some good bends.
What more do you want?;)

and usually full of prats who ride on the wrong side of the road towards you on the bends... Rather like the A507 to Buntingford has become.
Definately NOT on the 1st jan.:D

The B1046 and 1040 are much more fun , less populated but do take a lot more skill to ride smoothly... an option if the weather turns colder again??
B1040 - One of the fastest B roads I know. Sustained periods of 140+ are easily attained, even in the wet. Hardly twisty heaven, or much of a challenge.;)
B1046 - Aye, nice road. Will have to do it again soon.:D

Apart from the "lobbing" of the CBR6,it was a great day out.Blew a few cobwebs away. Cheers again Adam for leading the run.Good as always,see you on the next one.

Marcus. :thumb :clap :thumb

Thats two CBR's in fields recently.... :eek:
Glad you had a good ride out, would have liked to have come along again, but was a bit hung over
:beer:

Piggers

Urggghhhh.....

Well after all my waffle fell fowl of over generous friends on the night and found out that drinking what you think is single JD and cokes when they are doubles is not conducive to getting out of bed later the same morning, or being able to ride LEGALLY !

End result, one hell of a party, one hell of a hangover , and no ride :( So the positive of a great night out was lost to the two negatives ... ah well live and learn :D

Agree with what you say about the 1040 , can be fast as feck if you want it to be , but personally find that mixing good twistys with relaxing bits makes for an easier group ride. Gives the stragglers with less confidence in bends time to catch up with the pack.

It's one of those things, I know Adam has been running these rideouts for quite a while, and I have done so on smaller scales over the years, but have always found a debrief always handy :)

Meself and the missus are just a bit ticked off with ourselves for missing it , as we like those roads and we are moving away soon to Derby , so it would have been a last blast :(

Piggers said:
Thats two CBR's in fields recently.... :eek:
Glad you had a good ride out, would have liked to have come along again, but was a bit hung over
:beer:

Piggers
Homda riders. Say no more.;)

Engineer said:
Lived around these 'ere parts all me loif - beware the 660 in the wet - bit late I know but for next time :)
It's fine for the most part, just the bit A1 to Holme is in major need of resurfacing.

Grazoid said:
personally find that mixing good twistys with relaxing bits makes for an easier group ride. Gives the stragglers with less confidence in bends time to catch up with the pack.
]
Which is what I do.
Theres plenty of open sweeping stretches on the 660.
Next road was the old A1. It doesnt get much easier to relax.:D
Everyone was riding a similar pace overall.

Meself and the missus are just a bit ticked off with ourselves for missing it , as we like those roads and we are moving away soon to Derby , so it would have been a last blast :(
Yeah Id be miffed if I was moving to Derby. Shit roads up there.;)

Back
Top Bottom