Scoots In The Sahara Update thread

Whohoo, well done guys, at least you aren't snowed in like Steppers :D!!! :thumb

I think those Mercedes buses work well. At least i saw them in Asia still working, can't see why they'd fail in Sahara :D

Cheers, Margus :beerjug:

Pizza Delivery

I had a text from Ban Sang Hospital........seems they have failed to deliver the pizza's in less than an hour so they get them free?

Bev.

Hello...

...everyone. Friend of Bernie/Oblertone/Pauls here. He's not likely to have mentioned me as he's a bit embarrassed that I like Football (the Blue in my name is after my favoured team rather than any sexual proclivities) and Lager in bottle's!.

Very proud and even more envious of what Paul and the team are doing, I'll be checking their progress as often as possible.

Victoria and Paul, I'm only round the corner! I'll be keeping an eye on you! Should I see any smoke from my immediate South East I'll be straight on the phone to your Mum. Can't beleive he's been gone 5 days and I haven't been called to repair any leaks!

Wayne.

Seriously Worried

erm.........i had a text from oblertone saying he had a sore bum........i presumed this was from riding one of the scooters........if it's the case that they have NOT been riding the scooters.........................just how "close" are this lot????

Dahoum said:
You will note that it is Scooters IN the Sahara, not Scooters TO the Sahara :rolleyes:
That's not what it says here :- http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40416

We’ll do it on Honda C90’s…

12 of them in fact, plus two spares .

Yep, I’m serious, I want 12 riders to accompany me across Europe, down through Morocco, across Mauritania and the Sahara desert, down through Senegal and across The Gambia to their final destination.

The 12 on bikes will be supplemented by two drivers who will pilot the support vehicles- I envisage them all swapping around regularly so that everyone gets to ride and drive regularly.

BlueWayne said:
Can't beleive he's been gone 5 days and I haven't been called to repair any leaks!

Err...no leaks but how's your plastering?! :p

Victoria
x

Troubling update 2

Rev chuck says go do one you cahrnt (nice!) - we've met up with the irish GSERs and we're in a hotel bar getting pissed and eating egg kebabs - i've taken over organisation duties

They're doomed i tell you

:eek:

I have just been talking to Steptoe, Fanum and the Irish Tossers on a dodgy Skype connection from Fez. All sound to be in great form. :beer:

Pics to follow in a few minutes.

TITS update & pics from the Irish Tossers

Aidan,

We left Ceuta this morning with the intention of heading to Azrou.
Crossed the border to Morocco with no major issues and the roads were
fantastic. We stopped for a bit to eat and then headed off again but
only got a few yards down the road before we came across a few
T.I.T.S in trouble! Dennis had a puncture and between them all they
did not have a pump or patches due to the 'support' vehicle being a
day behind with its own problems! Fortunately Brian had all the
stuff that they required to allow them to limp on.

We stopped three times within 10 minutes as the tyre would not stay
inflated. Eventually we found a repair shop that fixed for less than
the price of the three cans of Coca-Cola that Brian, Jochen and
myself had while were waiting. Now it was getting late and very dark
and we decided to use our headlights to full effect by accompanying
them to Fes which was another 2 hours away in pitch darkness. It was
pretty painful riding for 2 hours at a top speed of 38 mph!

Jochen and I put 50% brighter bulbs in before we left and tonight we
kind of regretted it as the oncoming traffic was pretty aggressive.
One truck tried to run me off the road at one time. You might notice
the extra headlights I fitted before I left on the handlebars!

Arrived into Fes, had a meal and great laugh with the lads (and
Jaq). Currently sitting in the bar with our fellow tossers. Now not
terribly sure of our plans for tomorrow but will keep you posted when
we know. A few beers may settle the problem!

Regards,

Errol.

P.S. Can you duplicate this post for the TITS part of the forum?
Will send more photos of us in the bar later!!!!

IMG_6742.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6748.jpg

IMG_6749.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

Still stuck in Chefchaoun

Me and Ian qre still stuck in Chef waiting for the truck to be fixed. Pump is in but rad is coming this morning - inshalla -

Spent the night eating a cold omlette and bread, plus a smuggled box of vino collapso in the hotel as the restaurant was closed. Glad the others managed to get on the piss :p :p :p :p :p :p

Hopefully the van will be ready around midday so we will be on our way. Not sure where to though as we haven,t heard from the pissheads in fez yet.

Ian has been adopted by the locals and is called Ali Baba all the time by everyone.

Steve & Ian

some piccies

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DON'T CLICK THE ONES BELOW, THEY'RE THE SAME ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0074.JPG
    IMG_0074.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 742
some more

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DON'T CLICK THE ONES BELOW, THEY'RE THE SAME ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 841
Sore Bum!

Hi Bev, Sore bum ... I'd be more worried about what he did with those mosquito coils!!

Great pictures guys, now I'm really jealous! Oh to be out of the Office for a month :(

Has the van caught up with them yet?

Just heard from Jamie, the discos broke down near Le Mans, they're waiting for the French AA :(

ha ha thatl be a long wait !! the french dont have an AA,, tell em to keep an eye on thier wallets!!!

local garage for them ....!!!

Whatton said:
Just heard from Jamie, the discos broke down near Le Mans, they're waiting for the French AA :(

just had a similar text from jason, i am starting to wonder that those two are enjoying each others company a little bit too much :ymca lol

hopefully see them back tommorrow :thumb

at some point

Had text from Bruv, 650 euros lighter,new pump and recon rad fitted, that will teach them to drive a merc!

Back
Top Bottom