Scoots In The Sahara Update thread

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is the update thread.....there are various people (Bilks, Steptoe, Jamie & Jason ) who will no doubt have some pics of the first leg down to Gib and hopefully there'll be some pics from the Launch party, then en-route if anyone who gets a text or an update from the team, please post it here so people can know what's going on.

If we get a chance to find an Internet cafe, this is where we'll stick any updates along the way as well :thumb
Bill

They found the ferry!

Had a text this morning from oblertone.........

In Bordeaux, very cold, thick fog but no snow.

I think what he meant by that was how many pairs of shoes would you like me to bring you back but i might be wrong.

Rev Chucks son Stephen, you have a PM. If you don't know how to access just post.
Anybody will give you a quick runthrough.

hey noddy, its rev chucks son stephen here! how you doing? can i ask what is a PM and how do i access it? thanks. the rev txt before and said that they were in burgos stopping at a hotel for a shower and leaving again at three am! :)

thanks

thanks noddy
i managed to work it out, what a PM is that is! i know i'm a bit slow! thanks again

Dad's text

Hiya!!

Im Pauls (Oblertones) daughter my dad text me this earlier,

"Just made camp near malaga, van needs a new water pump. Ferry to Morrocco at 12.30 tomorrow..."

Missing him already but me and the twin have turned Chateau d'Oblertone in to bar/playstation tournament arena/youth hostel, looking bit of a tip already, let alone in a months time!! :p Hope they're all having fun!

Victoria
:thumb

Just managed to speak to Charles :) Says they're driving 'nicely' ( someone's obviously been getting a bit of stick about their driving!!) along road to Algeciras to get ferry. Beautiful sunshine and lovely and warm! The things people will do to escape a little bit of snow and cold ...!!

Hello from a new user!

Hi I'm Paul's (aka Bernie or Oblertone) "Posh" Cousin! Well that's what he calls me (among other things) LOL. Will be logging on regularly to track progress of my crazy cousin (and the rest of the gang too), so keep these messages up to date. I have nothing but HUGE respect for what they are doing. I'm quite jealous really. Victoria and James behave yourselves! ;)

Hello everyone, Dawn from Oswaldtwistle doing this for the first time ever !
I'm Steve Chip's partner and was wondering where they would be, now I know. I haven't heard from Chip yet (that's not unusual) but now I know everythings going well. Thanks to all of you who have posted updates. Wishing you all a great night tonight and a very happy new year.
:beerjug:

This is becoming a great opporchancity to chat up the partners/daughters of those who are away.
Please post naked, or semi naked (if you are shy) pictures of yourselves.
Sorry, over 18s only. Edit .. must be female.

Its all in a good cause remember ..... and it is the T.I.T.S tour.

Den said:
This is becoming a great opporchancity to chat up the partners/daughters of those who are away.
Please post naked, or semi naked (if you are shy) pictures of yourselves.
Sorry, over 18s only.

Don't think I want to see naked OR semi-naked pics of Jaq's other half, thankyou very much. :eek:

Steve said:
Don't think I want to see naked OR semi-naked pics of Jaq's other half, thankyou very much. :eek:

Nah, lets see yer tits Bilko :thumb

Latest text....

Stuck in Algerciras getting 1st ferry in the morning. Getting water pump in Morroco, rad weld holding at the moment!

Hi Jenny!! Fancy seeing you here.

Hi Dawn, Happy New Year!

Den, leave my "baby daughter" alone!! I have a naked pic of Oblertone if that's what floats your boat?

Bev :)

GREETINGS FROM THE TOSSERS.....

We´re blagging a few mins on the pc of the ferry agent in Algeciras......

The landy boiled its brakes today so we got behind again....we have tickets for tommorrow morning so we´re going to camp near algeciras tonight and hit africa tommorrow......

All well, but tired.....3 am start yesterday......repacked truck 7 times and the hole in the rad of the truck is cured for the time being...we´ll have to buy a rad and a water pump in moroccco and fix it all up.

Have a great New year you lot........
Best Wishes

Bill

**MESSAGE FROM cHARLES++
Why am I doing this - they are all crazy. Stephen you are never getting a motorbike or joining a club like this, ever... Have a quiet and peaceful new year.

<FROM SPEGGO,,,

Very tired but still enjoying it so far. Not sure that the next bit is going to be as restful as this though!
Happy new year to all and have a few beers for me!

**From MrIFan**

Where´s the pub???? :nenau :beer:

Happy new year all

PS: We ran out of food and had to eat Jamie

Go do one you tossers - steptoe

its nice to hear from the gang themselves! good to hear their all still alive! happy new year everybody! :beerjug: :beer:
p.s dont drink and drive
stephen (rev chuck jr)

i hear Bill couldn't find the campsite and drove for 40 miles :D

staying in a hotel and the bars closed :dabone :beer: :beer:

Steptoe is officially hardcore...he's booked his ferry to the Dakar and got team discount rates :D

Hi from red999

Hi I'm Bernies younger sister just checking out what he's up to also to keep an eye on cosin neice and nephew who have logged on and posted messages.
Hope you have great fun Paul (sundayname) and the rest of you. i look forward to following your progress and am only slightly envious. Hah.

Back
Top Bottom