ARAI TOUR X - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Arai tour-x

Arai Tour-X
Tried one on yesterday,medium fits me compared to my Large Roof RO10-dunno if that helps any one guage the sizes?
Thing that bothers me slightly is no tint visors available yet,(maybe not strictly nec. with peak but coolness counts-right?)
I watched while a mate struggled to fit a light reactive fog city insert to the visor of his new tour-x,be careful to lign em up to the millimetre,as if fitted too high the adhesive strip will foul the visor inner seal,this,in time will peel the insert off and/or make opening of the visor more of a struggle!
Other than that I liked it,and I'm really trying to resist the urge to go and batter the plastic right now!:beer:

got one

what a bloody fantastic lid

Lighter than my ROOF, much improved field of view, the medium fits me like a ... er ..... glove and it looks the dogs too in silver and black

With my HG stormtrooper outfit and the retrowagen covered in crud I now feel like a fully paid up GSer

As mentioned I just bought one of these recently whilst in Japan for £148 (Visa bill just came through). Whilst over there I noticed that Shoei were doing a similar model named the Hornet. I'm not sure if Shoei plan to bring them in over here but some people prefer the fit of a Shoei over other makers and vice-versa. Anyway heres a Pic of one from the web site. They do about 8 colour schemes as well.

The website in Japan is:

http://www.shoeihelmet.co.jp/hellineup/offroad/off_tri.html

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

Attachments

• horsectr_02.jpg
    horsectr_02.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 400
wont fit

Its not fair.

I tried one of these in small and medium. Small was too tight at front and back of head and medium was too loose. Well miffed, as I so wanted one in silver. :(

Does any body know if the shoei Hornet is available in the UK?

Attachments

• h_031_hornet-l.jpg
    h_031_hornet-l.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 389
Feridax show VFX R2 model at £249 in 2004 cartalogue.Seems not to be fitted with visor and no option advertised.White only

Oh shit! I've bin resisting getting one quite well until I read this thread. And bugger me is'nt Hien-Gericke offering 6 months interest free credit. What to do?

In trouble

Went to Chester last Saturday and dropped into the Hein Gericke shop just out of curiosity and bought a Tour-X....

Was in big trouble when I got home as I was supposed to buy a garden bench :(

Re: A garden bench?

Paulf said:
You must have a bl**dy big topbox...

yeah, yeah :rolleyes: I was supposed to choose one to get it delivered but I did not like any of those I saw and preferred the Tour-X :)

hi there. i'm new to this forum so just testing it out as well as wondering about this lid that you lot are going on about. how noisy is it and would it be suitable for year-round riding, ie, how would it perform in the cold and wet?

Agree with all the above posts......but it's not great in the wet stuff.........water runs down the inside of the visor.

I had to do a long stretch along a muddy road in the pissing down rain last week and ended up riding with sunglasses on and visor up because it just poured in the back of the visor and dried there....couldn't see a damn thing......

Otherwise a bloody nice helmet....supremely comfy, light and the peak really good for cutting out glare.

Agree with all the above posts......but it's not great in the wet stuff.........water runs down the inside of the visor.

Surly Fanum, you've just described a crap lid, sounds like my concept. Any lid that allows water to run down the inside of the visor is a thumbs down lid. No point anybody else wasting their money on a crap lid that does not work properly.

Unless of course you don't ride in the wet. I am amazed at the amount of people who are prepared to buy crap stuff coz it looks good.

Function not Fashion....

I have an RX7 and a Quantum, and neither have ever leaked ... and both have been worn in torential rain.....

If I had paid 299 GBP upward for a helmet that did that, it would constitute a crap buy .....

so should i buy one or not?! got some money to spend and its driving me crazy! what lid then guys? def want an Arai though. seems to be the best out there. also wanting a summer jacket and gloves. any recommendations? quite like that sort of "retro" look.

Back
Top Bottom