First outing of 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I have been looking at some possibilities for a weekend outing in March.

The rough outline at present is for a Saturday morning meeting in say, Ramelton, then riding a loop up around Fanad Head that day. Basic B&B accommodation on the Saturday night at about €25 per head, then a run around the Inishowen Peninsula taking in Malin Head on the Sunday. We could also stop in Buncrana, if only to have a pee against the wheel of Civils bus. :D :D :dabone

At the moment I am looking at Saturday 25 / Sunday 26 March but am open to suggestions. There is no point in going the weekend before, as that is St Patricks Day weekend. :confused:

What I need now is for you to register your interest so that I have an idea of numbers for accommodation etc. The Saturday night halt I have in mind can cater for groups. There are also a number of bars and reataurants in the area.

Now is the time to put that new year resolution to get out on the bike more to the test. :)

Fanad Head Lighthouse;

Attachments

• FA104%20Fanad%20Head%20Lighthouse.jpg
    FA104%20Fanad%20Head%20Lighthouse.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 615
Love to go Aidan but i wont know what shift im on untill a week before hand :(

...Donegal for Paddy's weekend as usual... tho' I hate to commit that far out!

Definite No No for me. I've got a wedding to go to at Tarbet Lough Lomond. I'm currently trying to convince the wife of the merits of taking the three kids and her Parents in the people carrier and I would go over on the Bike to save taking two cars and her old boy wouldn't have to drive........all heart me always thinking of others :D

She saw straight through that ploy. :(

Well, what about the following weekend? I did say after all that I'm open to suggestions.

I know that it's not easy to "commit that far out" PJ, but in order to try to set something up I have to get some idea of how many people think they may be able to attend. :eek:

So, has anyone any ideas for a more suitable weekend? Speak up there at the back. :mmmm

aidan that is my w\end off that month so would suit down to ground 4me :D
other wise the following w\end so i would only need to take the sunday
cheers :beer:

ps any more news on civils pannier progress in the company of those wreckless 1200 riders :beerjug:

Last edited:
No more real news to report Kyle. Jockser is on his way back to Spain as he has to be home by Tuesday. He is flying home from Alicante and I have made arrangements to have his bike trucked home.

Errol and Brian plan on heading on into Mauritania and then trying to get into Senegal. Have not heard from them since Thursday.

The panniers are doing well in spite of this :tosser

kyle said:
aidan that is my w\end off that month so would suit down to ground 4me :D

Thanks for that Kyle. I guess I will leave it for a week or so to guage the level of interest and which weekend will suit.

I think it will be best to go with the majority on this. Hopefully some Gsers will turn up. :rolleyes:

Some momentum starting to build here maybe....

Kyle, Trevmcdev, and Civil are definates, with the chance of also having Oatsy and PJ. Hopefully Andy from Scotland will take a wee run up from Enniskillen. He will be most welcome. :beerjug:

I have texted the Irish Saharan division, and provided they can avoid crashing into other on tarmac, they will be there too. :tosser :D

JANUARY OUTING

AIDAN,
WOUN'T KNOW UNTIL NEARER THE DATE IN QUESTION. iT WILL BE MY FIRST OUTING SO IT WOULD BE GOOD TO PUT NAMES TO FACES.

Aidan, have you confirmed the date yet, is it the weekend of the 25th?

I fancy this but need to book the Friday and a couple of days the next week off now.

:thumb

Whatton said:
Aidan, have you confirmed the date yet, is it the weekend of the 25th?

I fancy this but need to book the Friday and a couple of days the next week off now.

:thumb
No English invited :dabone

I will try to book the accommodation today Whatton and will let you know as soon as I can. I have sent you a PM. Hopefully you can make it over. :)

Billy56; Of course you are welcome, the more the merrier. :thumb

Badger; No worries, there are other B&B places nearby if the main place fills up.

MINUS 4 & thick fog here this mng., Aidan - you were wise to pitch the meet out to March.
BTW wot were you doin' up @ 04.30?

TUNED IN said:
No English invited :dabone

Shut it you big noisy Northerner.

I'm booked on the ferry now :thumb

Holyhead - Dun Laoghaire, Stena Explorer
Departing: Friday, 24 March 2006 13:45
Arriving: Friday, 24 March 2006 15:24
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Passengers (including driver): 1 Adult
Return
Route: Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead, Stena Explorer
Departing: Monday, 27 March 2006 16:05
Arriving: Monday, 27 March 2006 17:44
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Passengers (including driver): 1 Adult

:beer:

The plan is to meet at about noon on Saturday, probably in Letterkenny. Ride Atlantic Drive, Fanad Head then overnight halt. Food, drink, silliness etc.

Sunday we will head to Buncrana then up to Malin Head returning via Carndonagh to Derry.

Something like that. :nenau

I'm sorry I'm such a Tosser :tosser :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom