Touring with Karoo in South Africa

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Some friends of mine are organising a tour of SA in November with Karoo and I am tempted to go. Has anybody any experience of this organisation as the total cost including flights for 2 people is £5k or more which includes a support vehicle and guide. The itinterary is very good but it is a lot of cash so I want to make sure it will be vfm.

Lord Snooty said:
Some friends of mine are organising a tour of SA in November with Karoo and I am tempted to go. Has anybody any experience of this organisation as the total cost including flights for 2 people is £5k or more which includes a support vehicle and guide. The itinterary is very good but it is a lot of cash so I want to make sure it will be vfm.

You may want to try to guys on Advrider, I am almost sure someone has done it on there. Also there are a lot of guys on that forum from the actual area.

I have toured South Africa (in a car) several times and played golf all along the garden route. If you choose to go, consider arranging it yourself. It is very easy to get around, people are friendly and I think you may save a considerable amount of money, 5k seems high and I would query the accomodation side too?

If you want offroad etc, then I would take the guided route as I wouldn't want to get lost out there. :eek:

HTH, Nick

Back
Top Bottom