Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FOOD 'N' DRINK

Deleted account rno

FOOD 'N' DRINK

Thought that I'd start this thread to recommend good stuff I've recently tasted and some places where I've tasted good stuff

Folks can then add to the thread with their own suggestions and Hey Presto...our own section for Food and Drink

Here's mine to start off with:

The Old Manor Hotel, Lundin Links, Fife. Really good grub in nice location (made even better with 25% discount with Royal Bank of Scotland Royalties Gold card)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronno
    Thought that I'd start this thread to recommend good stuff I've recently tasted and some places where I've tasted good stuff

Folks can then add to the thread with their own suggestions and Hey Presto...our own section for Food and Drink

Here's mine to start off with:

The Old Manor Hotel, Lundin Links, Fife. Really good grub in nice location (made even better with 25% discount with Royal Bank of Scotland Royalties Gold card)

Good thread Ronno,

Well I would have to start off with this, as my fellow travellers would agree

From here ... The Old Inn, Gairloch ... freshly caught Langoustines off the coast and landed before your very eyes

This is a wee special one which must sadly remain undisclosed but it is for me the ultimate chill out location (Breakfast here consists of freshly baked french bread, butter, Strawberry jam and a large pot of freshly brewed Coffee )

I also enjoyed this in the company of some great friends in Grindelwald Switz. Cafe C und M

www.smws.co.uk

Nuff said

no pictures

hello ronno how u doing ive no piccys but we do a canny big belly breakfast and some good bacon sardies as you know looking forward to seeing everyone again in 2006 and for those who dont know its miss ellies cafe situated at selkirk nice views and some cracking roads

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by cutmorej
    hello ronno how u doing ive no piccys but we do a canny big belly breakfast and some good bacon sardies as you know looking forward to seeing everyone again in 2006 and for those who dont know its miss ellies cafe situated at selkirk nice views and some cracking roads
    Hi John,
    Yep, I can vouch for Miss Ellie's I'll have to loose a few pounds put on over Xmas before venturing down your way to sample the Big Brekkie

Yep, I can vouch for Miss Ellie's
    Me too.

Are you open these days? I've been out for a few runs on the bike, but you seemed closed?!

Kai

Deleted account rno

The Lochy

Anyone travelling through or near Fort William should look in and see our own G.C. at his fully licenced premises in the shadow of Ben Nevis and sample some excellent grub

The Lochy

Deleted account rno

Coffee

If you enjoy good coffee without the fuss, try one of these

Kaffee

and Lidl now do 2 different packs of coffee pods for half the price of the Senseo ones

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks for the tip on the coffee pods Ronno,I'll pop into Lidl next time I'm on the mainland

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Anyone travelling through or near Fort William should look in and see our own G.C. at his fully licenced premises in the shadow of Ben Nevis and sample some excellent grub
    Agreed.......mine host is most gracious.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Up a bit and left a bit.......

On the Isle of Mull, I can recommend the restaurant in Mull Pottery. It was recommended to me last year by a local and the guinea fowl which I had there proved to be every bit as good as her recommendation. The fact that it's owned by Pete the Potter who has been an acquaintance of mine since the mid 70's, is purely coincidental.

http://www.tobermory.co.uk/attractio...ry/pottery.htm

OTOH.....going for a curry in Tobermory can, in my recent experience, result in the consumption of over-priced and average quality food.

http://www.tobermory.co.uk/sagar/

Being a local resident, I suppose I should give a shout for Ee-usk on the pier in Oban http://www.eeusk.com/index.html . The food is of a consistantly high standard and the views from the table are spectacular on a summer's evening. Mind you, it is just as spectacular when a winter south westerly gale is bending the windows (and I'm not joking!).

Pricey, but an enjoyable experience.

Andy

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Andy, is that run by the folk that used to have the the Old Pier house at Port Appin ?

Ronno, I've stayed at the Old Manor and it is superb, 4 poster well worth the extra

Gee shucks guys, thanks for the plugs.

G C
    Raising a teenager is like trying to nail a piece of jelly to the wall.

Click on this pint.... ....to go to the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by G.C.
    Andy, is that run by the folk that used to have the the Old Pier house at Port Appin ?

G C
    It is indeed!

Andy

My local does some real nice grub, pleasant surroundings and great roads to take your there.

http://www.ramsayarmshotel.co.uk/booking.htm

Starting to brings in some good beers too at our request

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan Terror
    My local does some real nice grub, pleasant surroundings and great roads to take your there.

http://www.ramsayarmshotel.co.uk/booking.htm

Starting to brings in some good beers too at our request
    That could be a good spot for a lunch break during a Run Oot

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast