Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FOOD 'N' DRINK

Appreciating Scotland Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by The Icequeen View Post
    Now that's just impossible, because MY lasagne is the best in the whole of Scotland! (especially the crispy bits on top...mmmmmmm) and it's even better one day old
    What's the location Icequeen?

brianmcc
    Trust me Icequeen i do not say this lightly it should tried it is truly wonderful and the owners a biker even if it is a honda.

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    What's the location Icequeen?
    Ahaaaaa!
    Unfortunately there is never any left to share out....one rather large dish only seems to serve two once seconds have been had !

And okay,Brianmcc,whenever I am around that neck of the woods I shall try their version,and try to enjoy it as much as mine! (that's "try", mind)

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by arcboutant View Post
    did I say the Lochinver Pie Shop ?

http://www.piesbypost.co.uk/
    £1.50 for a can of coke !

It took three paramedics and the start'n'charge from the local council yard (set to 48v) to get a pulse re-established in Shinyface

You'd think it was Bolivian marching powder he'd ordered - at that price

Pies are good, but the owner's got greedy

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

coke !

My God Al it`s taken me 4 months to get over that.... ..........now it will start all over again, cold sweats, shaking and sleepless nights ! It`s nearly as cheap to buy `real coke ` or so they say !

Just fitted the Zumo to the GS 1200 so I`m going oout Wednesday to try the buttons and settings............. ( for someone who has took in **** out of GPS for a few years it will be a humerous day )

Shinyface

Back to chips again (we're such a healthy lot up here) try the chip van on the pier in Tobermory...fresh fish (just stopped wriggling) and piping hot chips...luvverly..mmmmmmmm

fleetwood

St Michaels Inn, St Michaels,

Hi all stopped here for a bar lunch today and was very impressed, the service and quality of the food was top notch freshly made as soon as you place your order (in fact I was told there might be a slight delay with my minute steaks as the butcher van was running a little late no kidding now thats fresh ) The price was also very reasonable This place gets my vote

http://www.activehotels.com/servlet/...anguage=&mode=

Ronno, Why don't you make this a sticky?

Here's a wee favourite of mine, blinding seafood, and red meat menu, extremely tasty.

http://www.hollytreehotel.co.uk/

Just on the edge of Loch Linnhe, above Appin..

Deleted account rno
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz Baron View Post
    Ronno, Why don't you make this a sticky?
    It's already attached to another sticky but you're right, it can probably justify a sicky of it's own

Ma pal, The Kebab Mahal

The Kebab Mahal in Nicolson Square, Edinburgh. Right opposite the Central Mosque. Always busy, the staff are a great bunch of guys. There's a bike bay a few yards from the door and they sell the finest and cheapest curries in town. This place has real character and you sit elbow to elbow with complete strangers. A big sign on the wall says- closed for prayers between 1-2 on a Friday. Great Stuff.

Indian in Aberdeen

I've been going to the Jewel In The Crown since it opened 16 years ago, and can honestly say - it is the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to IN THE WORLD!

Best meal for me is the "non-vegitarian Thali" - A feast

http://www.thejewelinthecrown.com/main.html

Al
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I guess it was inevitable that we would eventually get round to Scotland's national dish. In which case, it has to be.........

Khushi's

Got to agree with Blackal the Jewel in the Crown is the best Indian I have tried and I have tried quite a few

Was up in Pitlochry yesterday ,I was buying some parts from a local.I took the wife with me so lunch was inevitable ,any way the guy told us to try The Moulin Hotel Inn.Rather enjoyed it nice wee cosy pub with half decent pub grub plus its own real ale brewery.She talked me into booking a night,mind me no tae take her again.Cheers Big Jets

Smile yetts o muchart -tpo sundat nosh

try the yetts of muchart pub , cant mind the name but its the only pub in the village.Sperb sunday lunches and ace chocolate pudding...mmmmmm startin at £6.95 , and you have the pleasure of a good run from either direction , speciall down from Auchterarder area.
    Check it out , mind and limit yourself to 1 real ale or bettger still , get someone else to drive.

Deleted account rno

Bangladeshi Restaurant, Cupar, Fife

I've had a good few or our "national" meals in Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants throughout the central belt but in all honesty, this is easily the best place I've visited. The grub prices are very reasonable too...

Armaan

10/10

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast