FOOD 'N' DRINK

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date
Here are a couple of good stops when out for a run in the Highlands.

This one is great for sitting by a roaring fire and thawing out :)

Blair Atholl

While stopping off here is excllent for Roast Beef Sandwiches (with gravy :) ) and the Tuna Melt Sandwiches. The staff all wear kilts albeit the last time they had a member of staff who was actually Scottish, Lulu had a Glasgow accent...

Spittal of Glenshee

SpyInTheCamp said:
You are joking, aren't you? :eek:

That place is terrible. Pure tourist trap and the food isn't up to much either.

Good location though!

Kai

Kai, I wouldn't book in for a fortnight but I WOULD eat one of their sandwiches. It's also the best place in the area for a good few miles ;)

Best place I've eaten out in recently - the Lebanese restaurant in Senegambia, Banjul. Lovely. Or does that not count? Long way to go though.

Ronno said:
Kai, I wouldn't book in for a fortnight but I WOULD eat one of their sandwiches. It's also the best place in the area for a good few miles ;)

I agree with you Ronnie the sandwiches are very good especially the hot roast beef with gravy and not expensive, far better than the Hungry Highlander, plus the waitresses are very pleasing to the eye :cool: :D

And lets not forget the Glenlyon Tearoom which although basic serves up the best soup and sarnies!!!

The 'Clatterin Brig' tearoom at the bottom of the Cairn O Mount road is good for the basics. Tea and piles of cakes.

Ooh we like cakes!!

Rev Chuck said:
Best place I've eaten out in recently - the Lebanese restaurant in Senegambia, Banjul. Lovely. Or does that not count? Long way to go though.

You're just showing of now Rev Chuck. :cool:

G C

Bridge Of Cally Hotel

Me and Christine stopped off here for a meal last night. Great stuff. The chicken stuffed with haggis was excellent. Decent prices too. It's on the main Blairgowrie/Braemar road. :thumb

here

The Red Lion, Culross, Fife....

We've been going here for several years and eating al fresco. A recent visit was a serious disappointment. The food was as good as ever but the service was appalling. When I complained, the manageress said that "dining room orders have to take priority". She didn't seem to understand that as a paying customer who paid up front and wasn't alerted to this strange policy when I did so, I was less than impressed. Serving staff were surly and unhelpful as well.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the owner, who just happens to ride an R1100RS and didn't get the courtesy of a reply.

I suspect that the service is a victim of the place's success.

Not recommended...... :(

all day breakfast at the Torr services above I/ness.
Seafood platter in Morefield hotel Ullapool
Lobster Bisque as above.
My hame made soup.
Coffee in Ronno's next Sunday,lol.
Jings it all depends on the mood,company and hunger.
Good thread tho' Ronnie, welll thought.

Cree's Inn, Abernethy

A crowd of us met here for lunch today. Good grub and a nice pub... :thumb

creesinn.jpg

The Taybank in Dunkeld.
Average but wholesome food. I like the Beef Stovie.
However, the live misic is fantastic. :thumb
I wish I lived closer.
Mike.

Birkhill Inn

Just outside Dundee. Really good grub at decent prices.

The Birkie

Watch out for Blair Finlay though...;) :D

Back
Top Bottom