Pink Way Region 3 - Southampton to Lands End

Clive said:
I hope you have all seen the above ?

Following on from another thread ( http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?p=604538 ) is seems that we have a little leeway with the route, but I am happy with the revised (quicker) route esp. as we will be on the midnight shift in any case.

OK with everyone ?

Clive....absolutely funky dorey with me.....Jaq.... :bounce1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

Is there a limit to the number of outriders ?

If work duties allow I would be like to join this leg but can't work out if it is allowed. Being a predominately night leg I thought a bit of extra company might be welcomed.

Clive (not the other one!)

Clive795 said:
Is there a limit to the number of outriders ?
As far as I am concerned the more the merrier :)

Clive (this one not that one)

Fame at last ;)

Just had a phone interview with a guy from the local paper Reading Chronicle - I have a photoshoot in an exotic location (*) next week.

(*) probably my driveway

Clive said:
Fame at last ;)

Just had a phone interview with a guy from the local paper Reading Chronicle - I have a photoshoot in an exotic location (*) next week.

(*) probably my driveway

:clap Fantastic News Clive ... Well done you :thumb

Make sure you let us know how you get on and if you can scan some of the newspaper cuttings in for all to read.

We might start another thread section for newspaper articles if we get news coverage along these lines ....

thanks
Karen. :)

Recce

Some of the other regions have been arranging (or doing) a recce. I think our route is fairly straightforward so I don't think we need bother :nenau

Those who volunteered for the support team - are you still up for it ?

:thumb

[Hi I’m in Bournemouth and have just got my shift plans in from work and it looks like I’m not working 5th-6th September so if I can help with baton support or just to lead you though Bournemouth let me know
Bob ]

I can still help :thumb :thumb

Lands End Hotel

I've spoken with the Hotel...

a) they are ok with us using their car park for the handover. They said that although the car park is a little way from the hotel, due to the handover time please could we try and keep the noise down :)

b) I'm awaiting a quote for supply of Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches. I won't need to confirm actual numbers until 1st Sep.

c) We will be able to use the Bar area for Tea/Coffee/Sandwiches - the front door will be locked but we can ring for the night porter.

I'm getting a quote for a dozen people for b) - hopefully that will cover region 3 and region 4 participants and a few groupies ;)

Clive said:
Those who volunteered for the support team - are you still up for it ?
Apart from BOB UK - is anyone else still joining in :nenau

Hello!, Hello! - can you hear me mother?

Clive said:
Apart from BOB UK - is anyone else still joining in :nenau

Hello!, Hello! - can you hear me mother?

i'm in :thumb Whats the time/date schedules?

Shep

I am should be joining you.
I will meet at Soton and go all the way to LE.
Has anyone made any plans for returning after the handover?
I might take a sleeping bag and grab an hour or so in a hedge and then head back, the alternative is to join the next leg back as far as Bristol but depends how tired I feel.

Clive795

Clive795 said:
I am should be joining you.
I will meet at Soton and go all the way to LE.

Cheers :thumb

Clive795 said:
Has anyone made any plans for returning after the handover?
I might take a sleeping bag and grab an hour or so in a hedge and then head back, the alternative is to join the next leg back as far as Bristol but depends how tired I feel.
I've got to get back to work at some stage :eek:
I've also considered the options you mention - I'll be making it up as I go along on the day I expect :)

If no one object the wife an I plan to head on to ireland for the folowing week. If it causes an issue we can re schedule tho.

Anyone want to meet for pint :beer: before we go?

HeavyG said:
If no one object the wife an I plan to head on to ireland for the folowing week. If it causes an issue we can re schedule tho.

Anyone want to meet for pint :beer: before we go?

Just to clarify - you are off to Ireland for a week after riding to Lands End?

Not going to the East Midlands event then? We can meet for a pint there :beerjug: :)

Back
Top Bottom