Bike Parking at Gatwick?

LOLGEOFF

The Name's Lol, Not Geoff.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I Counted them out and hopefully I will count them back in.

I'm hoping to bunk off to greet the T.I.T.S. mob when they return to Gatwick, does anybody..........

a) know if there is, and where there is, bike parking in the airport ?

b) Know when they are coming back?

Free Parking

Parking is free at the Airport for motorcycles.
North Terminal NCP is best.
Just ride past the barrier and the bikes are on the ground floor on the left.

Lol, what a good idea. If you find out, let me know and I'll come along and join you.

I seem to recall somewhere on here that they were arriving at Gatwick at 11pm. Dunno what flight, or terminal they'll be coming in to.

In the South terminal Bike parking is in the Short stay car park. Many bikes ark up under the spiral ramps on the ground floor, but next to the exec parking area on the first floor is a dedicated bike area, some of which has access to metal bars for locking up your bike. This is very well lit and any CCTV will be most affective here. Under the ramps is not as secure or well lit.
Ride through the barriers, taking a ticket. When you are ready to leave ride to the guards post by the exit, give them your ticket, your reg nuber and they validate the ticket for exit FOC.

Warthog said:
In the South terminal Bike parking is in the Short stay car park. Many bikes ark up under the spiral ramps on the ground floor, but next to the exec parking area on the first floor is a dedicated bike area, some of which has access to metal bars for locking up your bike. This is very well lit and any CCTV will be most affective here. Under the ramps is not as secure or well lit.
Ride through the barriers, taking a ticket. When you are ready to leave ride to the guards post by the exit, give them your ticket, your reg nuber and they validate the ticket for exit FOC.

Or just ride out past the barrier - there is lots of space :rolleyes:

Iain Hogg said:
Or just ride out past the barrier - there is lots of space :rolleyes:

That you can, but the extra 2 mins saves you having to explain said riding through the barriers when you get a letter from NCP through the post. Not me: someone else, but I thought I'd learn from that experience. It was a one off, so I suspect you wouldn't get any hassles for just riding on out.

Would be nice if bikes could NOT get through though, so that any theiving git could not do a runner with your bike without your ticket....I think that is expecting a bit too much consideration from the car park number, mind...

Back
Top Bottom