Route ideas?

Deleted account W

Had a quick look at the route.

Came up with this in Autoroute, I'll tranfer it to a mapsource file with any alterations/suggestions the people riding this leg post here :)

This works out a 180 miles.

Attachments

• ScreenShot031.jpg
    ScreenShot031.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 370
On the Yorks bit...............Kev

Scarboro'/Staxton/Foxholes/Driffield/Cranswick/Beverley > Humber Bridge would be a nicer blast with less traffic and better biking roads

Lincs bit is fine

JohnnyBoxer said:
On the Yorks bit...............Kev

Scarboro'/Staxton/Foxholes/Driffield/Cranswick/Beverley > Humber Bridge would be a nicer blast with less traffic and better biking roads

Lincs bit is fine

This look more like it?

173 miles

:thumb

Attachments

• ScreenShot033.jpg
    ScreenShot033.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 361
Or for a little better..........After Driffield take A163 to Bainton, then B1248 via Lund to Beverley, instead of A164............only a slight detour, but the B1248 is a cracking biking road with some superb bends

And for Lincs............

I'd bypass Grimsby/Cleethorpes and go via the Lincolnshire Wolds

Humber Bridge A15/then A18 via Laceby (Astles BMW Motorrad)/Ludborough to Louth (A16) then A157 to Withern, then B1373 to Saleby/ B1449 to Mumby & A52 to Skeggy

Route

I bought a House in Scarborough even though I am originally from Cambridge way.

I am with Johnnyboxer on the route. Not done it on a bike but know the road. Think it would be a good one.

Macca

I really don't mind which route we take, although I do have past experience of Johnny's off road "...through this here head high bracken..." expeditions, so as long as the GPS says its catagoriesed road of some description, I'm happy... :D :D :D

I've transfered the route off Autoroute onto Mapsource and attached the file. It's still a draft route and I've used the centre of the two towns as the start and finish until we know the exact locations.

I'm happy to just to turn up and ride the route on the day, there should be no big surprises and as we're last that takes a bit off the heat off us :)

If those who live a bit nearer to the route (it's a 530 mile round trip from Nottingham) want to have a go then thats great, let me know how it goes.

Route works out at 169 miles with an est time of 3:58 without stops :thumb

Attachments

• Region 12 Draft One.gdb
    100.1 KB · Views: 143
I'm with Sue, I haven't got one of those new fangled star trekky things, so if yer wouldn't mind whatton will you display theroute as you did in post #1 :bounce1 I'd like to see where were going

Ta

ginger chris said:
I'm with Sue, I haven't got one of those new fangled star trekky things, so if yer wouldn't mind whatton will you display theroute as you did in post #1 :bounce1 I'd like to see where were going

Ta

Here you go :thumb

Attachments

• ScreenShot016.jpg
    ScreenShot016.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 233
Rod Souter said:
An alternative route

Rod

What does the alternative bit (shown in purple) add to the ride Rod, is it a better road, we're up against the clock remember :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot017.jpg
    ScreenShot017.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 244
Probably quicker Kev, as it's a minor road with less traffic and no scamera's or scamera vans to worry about..............you'll be able to 'wind it on'

Same for my Lincs route, less populated routes will be quicker than going through more urbanised areas (traffic,lights,pedestrian crossings and all that malarkey)

Plus the routes are better for bikes.........(more interesting, better overtaking opportunities, easier observation) to allow higher maximum journey times (lack of 'road/highway furniture' - open arable fields)

Downside maybe in dark....harder to read the road, unless you have lights that will 'turn night into day'

JohnnyBoxer said:
Probably quicker Kev, as it's a minor road with less traffic and no scamera's or scamera vans to worry about..............you'll be able to 'wind it on'

Same for my Lincs route, less populated routes will be quicker than going through more urbanised areas (traffic,lights,pedestrian crossings and all that malarkey)

Plus the routes are better for bikes.........(more interesting, better overtaking opportunities, easier observation) to allow higher maximum journey times (lack of 'road/highway furniture' - open arable fields)

Downside maybe in dark....harder to read the road, unless you have lights that will 'turn night into day'

Good info, thanks, I'll have another go at the route tomorrow taking Rods and your suggestions onboard
a070.gif

I'm pensively following the 'start / finish' thread.... Don't know about you guys but I'm getting a bit :bounce1 as to what time we have to set off from Scarborough... can't imagine what my riding skills will be like at possibly 3am after a couple of :beerjug: in the town the night before... :D

Route 9 just posted thier route and expected time so if group 10 and 11 take 4 hours each they'll arrive in Scarborough about 8pm so we could be looking at an evening ride, hopefully arriving in KL before the pubs shut :beerjug: :D

Room 101 said:
Route 9 just posted thier route and expected time so if group 10 and 11 take 4 hours each they'll arrive in Scarborough about 8pm so we could be looking at an evening ride, hopefully arriving in KL before the pubs shut :beerjug: :D

Hope you're banking on extended Pub opening hours in King's Lynn then, Sue :D :D

Probably more than 3 hours on those roads

This is the proposed route with the exact finish point added from Region 1's route.

I've also added a route from the finish to the East Mids event should anyone need it....

Could change on the day if we need to make up time but it's good to have somthing to start with :thumb

Attachments

• Region 12 and East Mid Event Routes.gdb
    129.8 KB · Views: 170
Whatton said:
This is the proposed route with the exact finish point added from Region 1's route.

I've also added a route from the finish to the East Mids event should anyone need it....

Could change on the day if we need to make up time but it's good to have somthing to start with :thumb
Kev... can you do a map picture thingy of this full route including the East Mids section, so us none GPS numpties can see where we're heading... :thumb

Is anyone camping / BnB-ing over night in Scarborough on Thursday in case Region 11 come in early... :nenau

Who've we got as Outriders so far...??

Bebe... just anounced on Region 11 that he's doing our section too... so thats one more to add... :thumb

Back
Top Bottom