Oops - wrong sized bolts on some R1200GS Tobinator kits

Tobers

Reaction score
Due to what can only be described as a severe cock-up on my part, some R1200GS Tobinator kits were packed with 8mm countersunk bolts instead of 12mm ones. Unfortunately I discovered this 3 hours after Nippy Norman had despatched a batch so it was too late to rectify it.

In case you are interested, the issue originated from the fact that countersunk-headed bolt lengths are measured to be the whole of the length of the bolt including the bolt head, whereas other normal bolts are just measured to be the length of the thread. I’d specified 8mm countersunk bolts meaning 8mm thread length, but instead they were packed with 4mm thread bolts making 8mm total bolt length. Doh!

According to Nippy's records, only 11 people are affected. If you've received a kit with short bolts, I apologise profusely for the inconvenience, which is totally my own fault. Nippy Norman is, as usual, blameless and his halo remains intact. New proper length bolts are winging their way to you in the post 1st class.

Note that if you also bought the R1200GS screen vibration eliminators (pic below), they do have the correct sized bolts which can be used with the Tobinators.

R1200GSVibeEliminatorSmall.JPG

Sorry :(

Andy

Tobers said:
Due to what can only be described as a severe cock-up on my part, some R1200GS Tobinator kits were packed with 8mm countersunk bolts instead of 12mm ones. Unfortunately I discovered this 3 hours after Nippy Norman had despatched a batch so it was too late to rectify it.

In case you are interested, the issue originated from the fact that countersunk-headed bolt lengths are measured to be the whole of the length of the bolt including the bolt head, whereas other normal bolts are just measured to be the length of the thread. I’d specified 8mm countersunk bolts meaning 8mm thread length, but instead they were packed with 4mm thread bolts making 8mm total bolt length. Doh!

According to Nippy's records, only 11 people are affected. If you've received a kit with short bolts, I apologise profusely for the inconvenience, which is totally my own fault. Nippy Norman is, as usual, blameless and his halo remains intact. New proper length bolts are winging their way to you in the post 1st class.

Note that if you also bought the R1200GS screen vibration eliminators (pic below), they do have the correct sized bolts which can be used with the Tobinators.
Sorry :(

Andy

Pity you didn't pack the replacements properly, Andy! (See personal message.)

Double D'oh! ;)

Rick

I think one set went to my mate in the States....
Bugger!

Good of you to let us know though. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom