Anyone interested in a First Aid Course specifically for bikers?

Will be seeing Peter later this week to arrange a convenient date

medicbike said:
I have offered my services to Peter at Rydale as he asked me if I would give a talk someday. Brief C.V. I am a paramedic on the rapid response car in Cardiff (Welsh Ambulance Service) with 20 years experience so pretty much seen it all. I also instruct basic first aid including helmet removal on both the S.Wales police and Gwent police bikesafe courses. I understand that if Rydale put on a session that it will be free. If you are interested contact Peter Cramp at Rydale, Cardiff with numbers interested so he can organise a date.

Well done Medicbike. I teach ALS, APLS and PHPLS in Cardiff, used to be an RTO. If you want a hand with the teaching let me know I am more than willing to help.

Two heads and all that. More than happy for you to lend a hand.

The one day motorcycle course I did here (in OZ - by St Johns) was good. Covers the first 30 minutes of care. Typical motorcycle injuries, intial treatment, and the other stuff like managing the site (traffic, people) etc. Good value and should be part of geting a licence ...

They (St John NSW OZ) also have a motorcycle specfic first aid kit. It is a bit big!

If you want emial me and I'll try looking up the notes I made on the course medicbike or sharribee.

Have done similar before, but fortunately have not needed to put the skills into practice, so I would wellcome the chance of further instruction. I suspect/hope numbers of peeps wishing to attend will be quite high.

Gipsy said:
.. I suspect/hope numbers of peeps wishing to attend will be quite high.
Rydale reckon that the ideal number would be about 10 - 12 and we must be close to that already. If there is the demand though they may run 2 courses - assuming of course Mr Medicbike is up for it.

Self explanatory e-mail received today. It says

.... spoken to 'Medicbike'. He has suggested Saturday 27th of May from 11.00am to 2pm at Rydale Cardiff (50 Penarth Road). The Topics covered will include Protection of scene, basic CPR, helmet removal, control of bleeding and C-Spine management. There will be plenty of opportunity for involvement and a general Q&A session.

There will be a small charge of £5 per head, (10-12 people) this will include the provision of a buffet lunch, tea and coffee. Any profits leftover to be donated to the Welsh Air Ambulance Service. A further date could be added if required.

Kind regards

Peter Cramp
Now that we have a date etc, can you let us know if you're still up for it, before we let Rydales now the numbers. Thanks

have put it in my diary, Medicbike do you want to pm me nearer the time and let me know what you want me to do on the day.

bugger i shall be in florida just getting over jet lag ,,,

pls pencil me in for the next one..

Hi, Is it ok if I tag along? Haven't done a first aid course for ten years or more.

Shame Slimbo will be in florida though init. :D :D Go steady on the loacal mash, dont go drinking too much will you :beer: :beer: :beerjug: :beerjug: have fun.

If you have any room left on the course would you count me in please

hallo
tis me sorry i havent been here, lots happening all over the place, pity it is not all workrelated but hey it is all fun

anyway i think i am free at the moment that is the only weekend i am not booked in may so please put me down thanks

p.s not only do i work with cubs, but i also work with the scouts too, and no they don't know about the blunt spoons yet i am keeping that a secret hee hee hee hee hee hee hee maniacal laughter..........................................

ok i am going already lol

Sorry, but we will be riding to the Monaco grand prix, Keep us in mind for the next one please....

Unfortunately away over the w/e, so can't make it. Hopefully will be around if another session is arranged.

hi is this for members and sponsers only or can i bring a work mate along.

Back
Top Bottom