A great weekend in the Donegal hills

RtRon said:
This must surely be an annual (quarterly?) event.

Agreed Ron, so much so that plans are already being discussed for next year already. :thumb

We are hoping to hold the Run to the Hills 2007 a little later in the year, but that will be dictated by the Easter holiday.

The idea is still to be the first event weekend of the year, but to try to hold it back a few weeks to try to hit better weather. :rolleyes:

Looks great craic :beer:

You obviously didn't go there for the chicks though :eek: :eek:

Aidan1150 said:
The idea is still to be the first event weekend of the year, but to try to hold it back a few weeks to try to hit better weather. :rolleyes:

Ah jaysus, Donegal wouldn't be Donegal without the rain :D :D

TUNED IN said:
This from the man who walk into the room for breakfast with plates of meat that made him look like he was Frodo's very tall cousin :D

facts8.jpg

Are they MY feet :eek: :eek:

Whatton said:
I'm still wandering around Ireland but I'll put a trip report together when I get back on Thursday :thumb

Got a text from Whatton today. Seems he's pissed off with the weather and headed for home 2 days early. :( :nenau

So, not alone can he not stay awake after a few wee drinkies, but he can't even endure a few showers. I told you lads, these English boyos are softcore. :D :D :D :dabone

Aidan1150 said:
So, not alone can he not stay awake after a few wee drinkies, but he can't even endure a few showers. I told you lads, these English boyos are softcore. :D :D :D :dabone

At least I don't dip into my wifes pie when she's not looking :dabone

61978541-L.jpg

Pot? Kettle? Black? :D

61978575-L.jpg

I only got a couple of pics but here's one of top map readers :D

Attachments

• aidan smoke resize.jpg
    aidan smoke resize.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 227
Aidan1150 said:
Got a text from Whatton today. Seems he's pissed off with the weather and headed for home 2 days early. :( :nenau

And its a beautiful dry & sunny day here today :( :(

I'd much rather be out there than in here ;)

Maybe he's gone home for a rest after the exertions necessitated by the Irish hospitality :D

and finally!

jayzuz...took me two days to find the thread! :eek:
now ye know why Mrs Og does the navigating on my bike ;)
Thank you Aidan;
Good roads, good company, good organising and Great Welcome :thumb
nice to meet up and put names to avatars :) everyone good craic but some gotta get a special mention in dispatches :D
Civil
- well, he IS very civil and the man has balls...ice cream balls to be precise :confused: i reckon any man that can gouge his dessert for nothing out of a waitress should be put in charge of finding our accomodation for the next run....he'll either get us the deal of the century or barred from Donegal altogether :D
Big Fella
- good grief - he is! can he be our official minder for future events? :D
Rcc54
- i am impressed Sir, you define the phrase "knows how to have a good time"
and Footloose too?! :D
Whatton
- sorry we couldn't get drier weather for you, now you know, the phrase "40 shades of green" actually refers to how many colours damp mould comes in :confused:
Tuned
- you got the same taste in socks as Mrs Og...but hers have toes too :cool:

some pics to follow - the quality of some is not up to the experts standards :dabone , dunno why, but here they are.
oh - check yer bikes for loose nuts (no, not the pilot / the ones holding it together :rolleyes: ) if yer missing a 60m.m. allen head bolt...i just removed it from my rear tyre :rolleyes: :D

til the next one - Thanks to all for the excuse to escape Dublin and remind me why i have a GS :thumb
~~
Mr+Mrs Og ;)

after the initial adrenaline pump up of getting out of town - we went sheep worrying up a hill by a lake.

Attachments

• GS1.jpg
    GS1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 221
for the visually impaired - the caption follows Steptoes advice :D
so we went and did one :p

Attachments

• GS2.jpg
    GS2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 235
Fanad Lighthouse - as a kid deported to Dunaff Head every summer i used to see the light every night blinking at me - always wanted to see it from this side - Thanks Aidan, one more ambition fulfilled :thumb

and it was upon this spot rcc 54 regaled us with his onboard stereo - playing Fanad of the opera :confused: :D

Attachments

• GS3.jpg
    GS3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 247
on the Sunday morn - though damp we were still keen, so we parted from the group and i just HAD to see a little more, this is Lenan Strand, a beach opposite Fanad head - about a mile of empty sand for a GSer to play on, followed by the gravity defying Gap of Mamore - the road up and over is....entertaining, short but sweet and a bit of geography that'll make you feel small :thumb

Attachments

• GS4.jpg
    GS4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 177
  • GS5.jpg
    GS5.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 195
so...time to go home :(
dry and fine to start - but the border loomed literally ahead - dull, dark and we knew this was going to be a wet one.
then the heavens opened.... aw well - oh and heres a souvenir i picked up :rolleyes:
til the next one - thanks folks - we really enjoyed ourselves :thumb

Attachments

• Pic203edit.JPG
    Pic203edit.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 255
So you did make it to Lenan Strand & Gap of Mamore :cool: :cool:

You can lead a run up that way at next years 'Run For The Hills' so :D
Subject to the big tossers permission of course ;)
I know he's more used to it but I found it hard work leading a big group & trying to read the map at the same time :eek:
Think I need to splash out on GPS :)

And a few pics of my own :D
Mr & Mrs Aidan1150 at the first stop on Atlantic Drive

Attachments

• DSCN0197.JPG
    DSCN0197.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 243
Jockser said:
So you did make it to Lenan Strand & Gap of Mamore :cool: :cool: :bounce1 yay! yup! ohhh yers!

You can lead a run up that way at next years 'Run For The Hills' so :D

:dabone feck off! - part of the joy of being out with you lot was i could relax and just ride / not be part of a "training run" . or marshalling/rd captain bollockology
Subject to the big tossers permission of course ;)
EEK! - oh o.k. then - as youy asked so nicely..(grr - bully!) :D ;) :D

I know he's more used to it but I found it hard work leading a big group & trying to read the map at the same time :eek:
Think I need to splash out on GPS :)
or...i'll loan you Mrs Og to navigate? :eek: :D

Aidan, Dellis, Tuned, Sugarcube & Trevmcdev8

Attachments

• DSCN0198.JPG
    DSCN0198.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 230

Back
Top Bottom