Quest speed camera data base

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried down loading the data base from this site below but all I get on the PC screen is a yellow back ground with no detail at all. What am I doing wrong please. My operating system is Windows ME
Thanks
G
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/walterwright/

Check that you're downloading it to your Quest along with your other detail maps (see the dropdown box in the top left of MapSource). Then make sure that you've got your detail maps & the speed camera overlay ticked on your Quest.

Works for me.

Thanks but I've not got that far as it is not showing on the PC as a map even though it shows in the drop down box. I believe once it's down loaded you can edit before transferring but I can't get that far. I only seem to be getting the read me file.
G

Try altering the scale of the maps - you can only see the cameras when you get to a certain scale - above that and it looks like nothing's there!
I've got the same database loaded on my 2610 & Quest.

Regards,

Charles

Great, scale 15m or under I now have a yellow back ground with loads of camera sites but there is no map outline. How do I know which cameras are on which roads and also how do I send to the Quest knowing which part of the overlay is relevent to the maps I'm down loading. This also looks to be just UK, is that correct?
I might be just thick
G

Read the info on the site again :)

The camera sites are on a transparent 'overlay', so you can see the city select map underneath.

Easy when you know :thumb

so does this mean that the map fixes itself re co-ordinates over the maps you also load down?
Now I'm confused
G

It's literally the same as if you'd overlaid a transparent pice of plastic with the cameras marked on over a normal map. Just make sure you load up your Mapsource maps AND the camera map, as everytime you load maps into a Garmin they wipe out any maps loaded previously.

Regards,

Charles

Great info thanks, just one last issue. how do you load the maps together and does it remove any POI's as standard on the unit.
Once I know this I'll get playing.
G

YAHOO, I've sussed it. Thanks for all the info. It took 2 hours to build map :clap :clap and 15 mins to download, is this ok?
G

Back
Top Bottom