2610 weatherproof?

tiller269

Just a quickie. Pondered long and hard over which sat-nav to get. Finally went with the 2610, for reasons, most of which I can't remember! But the one I can remember, is that it's waterproof-ish! I was a bit dismayed to read somewhere, that although you can stick in a very deep bucket for 1/2 an hour, without upsetting it,- it doesn't like getting rained on!! Is there anyone out there currently using a 2610 that has actually used it successfully in adverse weather conditions? And if you take precautions, what are they? I am hoping to go to the Nurburgring in July and would really like to have a working sat-nav!

tiller269 said:
Is there anyone out there currently using a 2610 that has actually used it successfully in adverse weather conditions? And if you take precautions, what are they?

Oh God yes, more times than I care to remember, and never use any extra protection. Don't know where you got that info, but it's wrong!

Mark

Have a look at THIS THREAD and in particular check out PanEuropeans answer at the end, which should make you sleep better. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom